    --
    roN
    www.rideon.ch
    Ron Eggler, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Ron Eggler

    John Smith Guest

    "Ron Eggler" <> wrote in message
    news:bpdobb$1nmcpj$-berlin.de...
    > Hey,
    >
    > how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

    1. Get a software DVD player like WinDVD. Google to an appropriate DL site.
    If you choose, many of these players will allow you to reset the region 4
    times.

    2. Google to a download of a program called "DVD Genie". This program will
    allow you to set the region to RC=0 (no region code) or reset your player to
    5 more region settings or basically do whatever you want to do about this
    silly region code scheme that content owners and hardware manufacturers
    impose for tight marketing controls.

    3. Understand that defeating region code is not illegal like decryting DVD
    keys is in the US. The Region Code scam has nothing to do with copyright. It
    is simply a marketing scheme designed to control where you should buy video
    products, when and at whatever cost the monopoly decides you should pay in
    the assumed economic class of your geography. Region coding arguably
    violates international trade pacts and has all the trimmings of anti-trust
    (price fixing). It is anti-consumer ,of course, so best of luck in your
    efforts.
    John Smith, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Ron Eggler

    Wade365 Guest

    << 3. Understand that defeating region code is not illegal like decryting DVD
    keys is in the US. The Region Code scam has nothing to do with copyright. It
    is simply a marketing scheme designed to control where you should buy video
    products, when and at whatever cost the monopoly decides you should pay in
    the assumed economic class of your geography. Region coding arguably
    violates international trade pacts and has all the trimmings of anti-trust
    (price fixing). It is anti-consumer ,of course, so best of luck in your
    efforts.

    If you have a PS2, Action Replay game cheater has region software enhancers on
    it too... $40 US on most websites like buyrite.net
    Wade365, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Just turn the chair, and grow Ron Eggler hair

    > Hey,
    >
    > how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

    what John said, but also you might need to make your DVDRom region free
    which you can do via sofware fro mthe same place as the dvd genie download
    or you can flash the firmware by searching the internet for an RPC=0
    firmware for your player
    David Beamish, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Ron Eggler

    Ron Eggler Guest

    Ron Eggler wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > how can I see other DVD-Region encoded DVDs on my PC? Thanx!

    Okay I got the "DVD Region-Free"-Software and can view the DVDs now. But do
    you also know how i can rip them? SmartRipper always crashes... :( and DVDx
    doesn't work either....
    Ron Eggler, Nov 19, 2003