    write it as a Region 2? If so, would there be a hardware or software issue?

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Paul Stafford, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Paul Stafford

    ToMh Guest

    "Paul Stafford" <> wrote in message
    news:NYfwe.35501$...
    > Here's the problem. I am in the UK (region 2) with 2 dvd players, neither
    > of which are multi-region. My wife is after a fitness DVD from the
    > States, but it appears that it only comes in Region 1 versions (a huge
    > marketing error, if you ask me, but that debate is for another forum).
    >
    > Is it possible (with the right pieces of kit) to record a Region 1 dvd and
    > write it as a Region 2? If so, would there be a hardware or software
    > issue?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul

    While I'm not 100% sure, I believe that DVD shrink and DVD decryptor
    (both free) will do the trick.

    http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

    Holy Cow! I just saw that DVD decryptor has been forced to shut down.
    Figures. If you can find a copy download it now. I think DVD shrink
    should do the trick by itself, and then burn it with Nero or something.

    ToMh, Jun 29, 2005