    we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    watch any region any number of times?
    Robin Halligan, Oct 30, 2010

  2. Robin Halligan

    J.Wilson Guest

    http://www.dvdexploder.com/
    J.Wilson, Oct 30, 2010

  3. Robin Halligan

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:40:02 +1300, Robin Halligan
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    AnyDVD: http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html
    Donchano, Oct 30, 2010
  4. In message <>, Robin Halligan
    wrote:

    > we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    > region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    > watch any region any number of times?

    Try an uncrippled Free Software player like VLC.

    Though I believe one brand of drives (Toshiba?) has locked the region check
    into its firmware to prevent you bypassing it.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 31, 2010
  5. Robin Halligan

    Lodi Guest

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    > Though I believe one brand of drives (Toshiba?) has locked the region
    > check into its firmware to prevent you bypassing it.

    I think it's Matshita. Next to impossible to make region free. Am zero for
    three.

    Lodi
    Lodi, Oct 31, 2010
  6. Robin Halligan

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bret wrote:
    > On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:02:52 +1300, Lodi wrote:
    >
    >>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Though I believe one brand of drives (Toshiba?) has locked the
    >>> region check into its firmware to prevent you bypassing it.

    >> I think it's Matshita. Next to impossible to make region free. Am
    >> zero for three.
    >>
    >> Lodi

    > Matsushita not mat shita LOL

    My T60 ThinkPad has a *Matshita* DVD-RAM UJ-882S multi-burner drive fitted
    according to Device Manager.
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, Oct 31, 2010
  7. Robin Halligan

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-31, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:
    > In message <>, Robin Halligan
    > wrote:
    >
    >> we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    >> region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    >> watch any region any number of times?

    > Try an uncrippled Free Software player like VLC.

    And why not does the said machine not have this on it.

    > Though I believe one brand of drives (Toshiba?) has locked the region check
    > into its firmware to prevent you bypassing it.

    Cahnge the DVD drive and swear not to purchace any more products from them.
    Sony are off my $ list after the root kit exposure. All big corporations
    need to grovel at regulaur intervals.x
    Gordon, Oct 31, 2010
  8. Robin Halligan

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-30, Robin Halligan <> wrote:

    > Hi my wife just got a new computer
    >
    > hp pavilion slimline s5360a
    > win 7
    >
    > we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    > region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    > watch any region any number of times?

    Rip the product. Find a ripper, no, not Jack. And get the mpeg file. Play
    that.
    Gordon, Oct 31, 2010
  9. Robin Halligan

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-10-30, Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
    > On 31/10/10 08:40, Robin Halligan wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi my wife just got a new computer
    >>
    >> hp pavilion slimline s5360a
    >> win 7
    >>
    >> we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    >> region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    >> watch any region any number of times?
    >>

    > Honestly I would take it back and ask why especially in NZ where the
    > Gray import market Zone 1,2,3,4,etc are in circulation.
    >
    > The answer is they wont help you there most likely and spout off some
    > copyright law that seems to override the consumers guarantees act.
    >
    > The worse thing about where the law may be is it is worse to tell you
    > how to change it from a punishment perspective than to copy for
    > distribution.
    >
    > Sorry not a lot of help there.

    So we work around the barrier.
    Gordon, Oct 31, 2010
  10. Robin Halligan

    Lodi Guest

    > Bret wrote:

    > On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 14:02:52 +1300, Lodi wrote:
    >
    >>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Though I believe one brand of drives (Toshiba?) has locked the region
    >>> check into its firmware to prevent you bypassing it.

    >> I think it's Matshita. Next to impossible to make region free. Am zero
    >> for three.
    >>
    >> Lodi

    > Matsushita not mat shita LOL

    The names are interchangeable.

    Lodi
    Lodi, Oct 31, 2010
  11. On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 09:55:43 +1300, Robert Cooze
    <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:

    >On 31/10/10 08:40, Robin Halligan wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi my wife just got a new computer
    >>
    >> hp pavilion slimline s5360a
    >> win 7
    >>
    >> we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    >> region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    >> watch any region any number of times?
    >>

    >Honestly I would take it back and ask why especially in NZ where the
    >Gray import market Zone 1,2,3,4,etc are in circulation.

    It does not have to be the Gray Market just have a look in The
    Warehouse lots of R1 & R2..

    William Brown, Oct 31, 2010
  12. On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:40:12 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 31/10/2010 8:40 a.m., Robin Halligan wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi my wife just got a new computer
    >>
    >> hp pavilion slimline s5360a
    >> win 7
    >>
    >> we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    >> region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    >> watch any region any number of times?
    >>

    >Google for the model number of *the DVD drive* and "region free" and you
    >should find sufficient instructions to sort it out (which unfortunately
    >may include being out of luck).

    Windows also has a Region lock.
    William Brown, Oct 31, 2010
  13. Robin Halligan

    Richard Guest

    On 31/10/2010 6:31 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >> Honestly I would take it back and ask why especially in NZ where the
    >> Gray import market Zone 1,2,3,4,etc are in circulation.

    > It does not have to be the Gray Market just have a look in The
    > Warehouse lots of R1& R2..

    Which the warehouse imported themselves, not the movie distributors,
    which means they are grey market.
    Richard, Oct 31, 2010
  14. Robin Halligan

    Geoffm Guest

    All else fails, AnyDVD is great program for fixing this (and other)
    DVD protection issues.
    Geoff

    11On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:40:02 +1300, Robin Halligan

    Geoffm, Oct 31, 2010
  15. In message <iaithk$k57$>, Lodi wrote:

    >> Bret wrote:

    >>> I think it's Matshita. Next to impossible to make region free. Am zero
    >>> for three.

    >> Matsushita not mat shita LOL

    > The names are interchangeable.

    Also the way the Japanese pronounce it. They tend to almost leave out “uâ€
    sounds.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 31, 2010
  16. On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 08:40:02 +1300, Robin Halligan
    <> wrote:

    >Hi my wife just got a new computer
    >
    >hp pavilion slimline s5360a
    >win 7
    >
    >we want to be able to watch some VD's on it but it has a 5 limit change
    >region before it locks its region is there some way to fix this and let us
    >watch any region any number of times?

    Take it back under the C.G.A not suitable or unfit for the intended
    purpose, plus was you warned about this when you purchased it...
    William Brown, Nov 1, 2010