    see, it's really a different experience. Not only are there other subplots
    and things in it, there are turns in his character, darker turns, and more
    interesting turns that he takes in this version."

    Stan Jensen, Jan 22, 2004

  2. Stan Jensen

    Wade365 Guest

    While I had heard they were going to do this, I didn't think that the resulting
    interest in the movie was going to push the project through (I thought I was
    one of the three people who got the DVD)... I'm pleased with the news!

    There are a lot of great Marvel touches to the film (Keith as Devil Murrdock
    was perfect, his face was exactly what they used to draw in the books for a
    boxer!) and I thought the character of the Kingpin could have been thickened up
    a bit (if you'll excuse the pun) so it's nice they're going back and adding
    things back in... and an R rating? Cool, so it goes darker than chomping
    Vicoden and cheap-shotting people into oncoming trains!!! Hey...

    .... it's gotta be better than what I've seen of the Punisher remake!

    Wade365, Jan 22, 2004

  3. On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:48:19 GMT, Stan Jensen wrote:

    :DVD Recuts Daredevil

    :Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige told the Comics Continuum Web site that the
    :upcoming new Daredevil DVD will be a "whole new experience." The DVD will
    :be a director's cut, with many new scenes, and will be rated R. It is being
    :targeted for a spring release, the site reported.

    Finally, this was mooted before the first release.

    Now where's the Directors cut of Gangs of New York.

    [snip]

    Ian Galbraith, Jan 23, 2004
  4. Wade365 wrote:

    > While I had heard they were going to do this, I didn't think that the resulting
    > interest in the movie was going to push the project through (I thought I was
    > one of the three people who got the DVD)... I'm pleased with the news!
    >
    > There are a lot of great Marvel touches to the film (Keith as Devil Murrdock
    > was perfect, his face was exactly what they used to draw in the books for a
    > boxer!) and I thought the character of the Kingpin could have been thickened up
    > a bit (if you'll excuse the pun) so it's nice they're going back and adding
    > things back in... and an R rating? Cool, so it goes darker than chomping
    > Vicoden and cheap-shotting people into oncoming trains!!! Hey...
    >
    > ... it's gotta be better than what I've seen of the Punisher remake!

    It is, and--having no deep personal and psychological pre-Gigli "Ben
    Affleck is the incarnation of evil, and must be purged from the blessed
    face of Earth" axe to grind--thought it wasn't too bad, really:
    No X2, mind, but at least had a geek-qualified director who kept the
    atmosphere squarely in Frank Miller-World (unlike some desperately
    miscast Asian directors on big-budget Marvel projects that shall remain
    green and nameless), and did a fairly serviceable job of explaining the
    most obscure of the major characters to the mainstream.

    ....So why does the studio feel its marketability shaky and "borderline"
    enough to boost-promote with a director's cut?
    You know, and I know--Yes, their one last hope of counteracting all
    those damn "Gigli" jokes unfairly and retroactively applied....Just WTF
    IS with those, anyway??

    Derek Janssen (who didn't see "Shanghai Surprise", either, so just get
    the heck over it)

    Derek Janssen, Jan 23, 2004
  5. Stan Jensen

    jayembee Guest

    Derek Janssen <> wrote:

    > Derek Janssen (who didn't see "Shanghai Surprise", either,
    > so just get the heck over it)

    SHANGHAI SURPRISE isn't nearly as bad as people would have
    you believe. Penn & Madonna had absolutely zero chemistry,
    and that's what kills the film. If the leads had been played
    by, oh, say, Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner, and all
    else was exactly the same, people would've raved about it.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 23, 2004
  6. Stan Jensen

    Dunf Guest

    "Derek Janssen" <> wrote in message
    > Wade365 wrote:
    >
    > > While I had heard they were going to do this, I didn't think that the

    resulting
    > > interest in the movie was going to push the project through (I thought I

    was
    > > one of the three people who got the DVD)... I'm pleased with the news!
    > >
    > > There are a lot of great Marvel touches to the film (Keith as Devil

    Murrdock
    > > was perfect, his face was exactly what they used to draw in the books

    for a
    > > boxer!) and I thought the character of the Kingpin could have been

    thickened up
    > > a bit (if you'll excuse the pun) so it's nice they're going back and

    adding
    > > things back in... and an R rating? Cool, so it goes darker than chomping
    > > Vicoden and cheap-shotting people into oncoming trains!!! Hey...
    > >
    > > ... it's gotta be better than what I've seen of the Punisher remake!

    > It is, and--having no deep personal and psychological pre-Gigli "Ben
    > Affleck is the incarnation of evil, and must be purged from the blessed
    > face of Earth" axe to grind--thought it wasn't too bad, really:
    > No X2, mind, but at least had a geek-qualified director who kept the
    > atmosphere squarely in Frank Miller-World (unlike some desperately
    > miscast Asian directors on big-budget Marvel projects that shall remain
    > green and nameless), and did a fairly serviceable job of explaining the
    > most obscure of the major characters to the mainstream.
    >
    > ...So why does the studio feel its marketability shaky and "borderline"
    > enough to boost-promote with a director's cut?
    > You know, and I know--Yes, their one last hope of counteracting all
    > those damn "Gigli" jokes unfairly and retroactively applied....Just WTF
    > IS with those, anyway??
    >
    > Derek Janssen (who didn't see "Shanghai Surprise", either, so just get
    > the heck over it)

    Was anyone aware that Al Pacino was in Gigli? Al, perhaps the greatest
    living actor was in Gigli. Generally, Al can do no wrong, but, Gigli. This
    proves that even the finest actors don't always read scripts. We can't fault
    JLO for this bomb since she was quite good in Out Of Sight. Ben is a
    moderate actor with some appeal but that's about it. A film that relies so
    heavily on the personalities and chemistry of it's leads, could not and
    should not have attempted to do so.

    As for the marriage, this movie gives you a glimpse into how little time
    these two actually spent together. I believe the who marriage thing was a
    farce. It redirected JLO away from the big bad puff ditty with a gun so that
    her fans no longer associate her with him. It's amazing how .little we know
    (or should know) about celebrity relationships since what appears to be the
    case is usually not.

    Dunf, Jan 27, 2004