    sure the movie industry would keep the price of blank dual-layer media high
    enough to protect their movie investments. Thanks.

    , Jun 18, 2005

  2. me Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Okay, I can't figure this one out. I have blank DVD's rated at 4.7 Gb and
    > 120
    > minutes. Why is it that I can't record a home video which I transferred to
    > my
    > computer onto one of these disks, when the file size is a little over 3
    > Gb, and
    > the run-time is 90 minutes? Is that much of the blank taken up with
    > formatting
    > or something? Also, I just saw a 25 pack of dual-layer DVD blanks for $80
    > at
    > CompUSA's site. Has the price of these things come down that fast ? I
    > thought
    > sure the movie industry would keep the price of blank dual-layer media
    > high
    > enough to protect their movie investments. Thanks.

    Firstly,which program are you attempting to burn the disc with ?
    Second,what format is the video file in ? MPEG2,DIVX ? etc
    Thirdly,when you put the video file into the burning program project,does it
    tell you the amount of space it will take up ? You said it's going over 4.7
    GB,but by how much ?

    me, Jun 18, 2005

  3. me Guest

    "me" <> wrote in message

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Okay, I can't figure this one out. I have blank DVD's rated at 4.7 Gb and
    >> 120
    >> minutes. Why is it that I can't record a home video which I transferred
    >> to my
    >> computer onto one of these disks, when the file size is a little over 3
    >> Gb, and
    >> the run-time is 90 minutes? Is that much of the blank taken up with
    >> formatting
    >> or something? Also, I just saw a 25 pack of dual-layer DVD blanks for $80
    >> at
    >> CompUSA's site. Has the price of these things come down that fast ? I
    >> thought
    >> sure the movie industry would keep the price of blank dual-layer media
    >> high
    >> enough to protect their movie investments. Thanks.
    >>

    > Firstly,which program are you attempting to burn the disc with ?
    > Second,what format is the video file in ? MPEG2,DIVX ? etc
    > Thirdly,when you put the video file into the burning program project,does
    > it tell you the amount of space it will take up ? You said it's going over
    > 4.7 GB,but by how much ?

    I also forgot to mention that if the video file is in MPEG2 format(which i
    have my doubts about,but correct me if i am wrong) then it should fit on the
    disc by only taking up about 65% of the disc space. If it is in another
    format this may be why you get this error.It may be that the file needs to
    be re-encoded to MPEG2 first

    me, Jun 18, 2005