    Barry day Guest

    what is th best type of DVD recorder to buy and why??
    Brendan
    Barry day, Jun 9, 2004

  2. Barry day

    Fred Guest

    I assume you mean standalone DVD recorder, like a VCR.

    I just ran the gamut of brands and choosing one.

    I chose Panasonic. Good reputation and great results.
    I think its a E50. They are in clearance in most places now, as the E55 is
    out at about $350. I got my E50 as an open box at circuit city for $197.
    Then got the 3 year warranty with it.

    Very happy with it.

    I also tried the new Pioneer DVR220S at WalMart for $300, but returned it
    because of problems. The Pioneer was a beautiful machine, and really nicer
    than the Panasonic, but the Panny works fine with my other DVD players, the
    Pioneer did not.

    Fred, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Barry day

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Barry day wrote:
    > what is th best type of DVD recorder to buy and why??
    > Brendan

    the one that I have for sale because I'll make a lot of money.

    seriously this question is meaningless without your telling us what you
    want to do and the experience that you have.
    Dick Sidbury, Jun 9, 2004
  4. Barry day

    nickmed Guest

    I am looking to buy a DVD recorder that can record off my cable TV and can
    Play DVD's from any region. Any recommendations?

    Thanks
    Nick

    nickmed, Jun 9, 2004
  5. Barry day

    Kryptoknight Guest

    B&H has a good list of quality dvd recorders, i would not buy from there,
    too expensive, but at least you can see what's available.

    Kryptoknight, Jun 10, 2004
  6. Barry day

    Barry day Guest

    exactly one i want to buy in the near future.
    brendan

    Barry day, Jun 10, 2004
  7. Barry day

    Joe Gonzalez Guest

    Pioneer elite

    Joe Gonzalez, Jun 10, 2004
  8. >
    >what is th best type of DVD recorder to buy and why??

    not the kind that I bought. That's the worst kind to buy.
    Waterperson77, Jun 16, 2004