    reguallary then rerecording over the disc. Can you put the DVD recorder on
    timer like you can a video player. Help!!!!

    Cheers Nick
    Nick, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Nick

    Skid Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    news:bugqg8$r54$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone point me to a website or advise me a little further about DVD
    > recorders please. Main point I want to know is how many times can you

    record
    > and re-record on DVD RW discs before they become unusable as was thinking

    of
    > replacing my video player with DVD recorder so would be recording of tv
    > reguallary then rerecording over the disc. Can you put the DVD recorder on
    > timer like you can a video player. Help!!!!

    www.dvdrhelp.com is a good starting point. Yes, you can put a DVD recorder
    on a timer. RW discs are said to be good for about 1,000 uses. But the
    quality varies greatly depending on the brand and type, so take that with a
    very large grain of salt.
    Skid, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Nick

    Richard C. Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    : Hi,
    :
    : Can anyone point me to a website or advise me a little further about DVD
    : recorders please. Main point I want to know is how many times can you record
    : and re-record on DVD RW discs before they become unusable as was thinking of
    : replacing my video player with DVD recorder so would be recording of tv
    : reguallary then rerecording over the disc. Can you put the DVD recorder on
    : timer like you can a video player. Help!!!!
    :
    : Cheers Nick
    :
    ====================
    DVD-RW should be useable for many re-writes.

    I purchased a Panasonic DMR-HS2PP that also has a hard drive.
    It does DVD-R and DVD-RAM (no RW).

    The hard disc is fantastic for time shifting HDTV shows.
    It indeed has a timer.
    =========================
    Richard C., Jan 19, 2004
  4. Nick

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: "Nick"
    Date: Mon, Jan 19, 2004 8:44 AM

    Hi,

    Can anyone point me to a website or advise me a little further about DVD
    recorders please. Main point I want to know is how many times can you record
    and re-record on DVD RW discs before they become unusable as was thinking of
    replacing my video player with DVD recorder so would be recording of tv
    reguallary then rerecording over the disc. Can you put the DVD recorder on
    timer like you can a video player. Help!!!!

    Cheers Nick
    >><BR><BR>

    Do yourself a BIG favor and take a look at the Panasonic units that use DVD-R
    and DVD-Ram disks. The DVD-Ram disks are said to have the ability to re-record
    about 100,000 times in comparison with DVD-RW which are good for about 1000
    re-records.

    The DVD-Ram disks have one BIG thing going for them. They operate with almost
    the same efficiency as a hard drive and you can actually play and record at the
    same time and they also have a time slip feature where you can watch the first
    part of a show while the recorder is finishing the recording. Example: you set
    a recording of 2 hours for a 7 PM start and walk in at 7:30 PM. You can watch
    the recording from the beginning while the recording is being completed. Not
    only that you can skip commercials on-the-fly as Lon as you don’t catch up
    with the real time recording.

    Last, but not least seriously consider a recorder with a built in hard drive
    such as the Panasonic DMR-E80H which can record about 37 hours of recordings in
    a high quality 2 hour mode. Commercials can then be deleted EASILY off the hard
    drive and a DVD-R disk burned without commercials. With the hard drive the need
    to even fool with a DVD-Ram disk disappears (unless you run out of Hard Drive
    space) and accessing numerous shows on the hard drive is simple and sweeet.
    FredBillie, Jan 20, 2004
  5. Nick

    Iwr Guest

    Hi, all!

    Just one little question to DMR-E80H users that purchased it in the
    US. Panasonic official specs state that it needs 110V AC and has NTSC
    playback only. I'd like to know if it is actually correct, i.e.: 1)
    doesn't it have universal 110-240V power-in? 2) can it playback on PAL
    TV & record from PAL broadcast?

    Thanks alot!
    Iwr, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Nick

    Guest

    On 22 Jan 2004 13:11:38 -0800, (Iwr) wrote:

    >needs 110V AC and has NTSC
    >playback only.

    needs 110V AC and has NTSC
    playback only.
    , Jan 23, 2004
  7. Nick

    Larry Gold Guest

    Toshiba RDXS30

    kicks all their asses!

    --
    Larry.gold
    Arsenal For Life

    Larry Gold, Jan 25, 2004
  8. Nick

    Le Artiste Guest

    "FredBillie" emitted :

    >Can anyone point me to a website or advise me a little further about DVD
    >recorders please. Main point I want to know is how many times can you record
    >and re-record on DVD RW discs before they become unusable as was thinking of
    >replacing my video player with DVD recorder so would be recording of tv
    >reguallary then rerecording over the disc. Can you put the DVD recorder on
    >timer like you can a video player. Help!!!!
    >
    >Cheers Nick
    > >><BR><BR>

    >Do yourself a BIG favor and take a look at the Panasonic units that use DVD-R
    >and DVD-Ram disks. The DVD-Ram disks are said to have the ability to re-record
    >about 100,000 times in comparison with DVD-RW which are good for about 1000
    >re-records.

    Does anybody really re-use discs 1000 times, let alone 100,000?

    --
    S i g n a l @ l i n e o n e . n e t
    Le Artiste, Feb 21, 2004
  9. Nick

    poldy Guest

    In article <>,

    > >Do yourself a BIG favor and take a look at the Panasonic units that use
    > >DVD-R
    > >and DVD-Ram disks. The DVD-Ram disks are said to have the ability to
    > >re-record
    > >about 100,000 times in comparison with DVD-RW which are good for about 1000
    > >re-records.

    > Does anybody really re-use discs 1000 times, let alone 100,000?

    If they're going to use these recorders as replacements for VCRs, sure
    why not?

    Only problem with DVD-RAM is that it can't be played on conventional DVD
    players.
    poldy, Feb 23, 2004