    nature of the DVD-Rs themselves?
    I know that was long winded but any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

    Comicpsych, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Comicpsych

    luminos Guest

    "Comicpsych" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am sure that this is a common question in this group, but I thought I

    would
    > go ahead and ask myself. Are there any recomendations on what DVD

    Recorders are
    > best?
    > My mother recently bought a CYBERHOME DVD recorder. Yes, she is a QVC nut

    and,
    > bless her heart, trying to get something good, but doesn't always get that

    "get
    > what you pay for" philosophy. I appreciate her attempt at this, and so far

    the
    > machine hasn't been too bad, but that's just it. You don't want a machine

    like
    > this to be "too bad". The machine seems to be occasionally buggy so

    needless to
    > say I am sending it back. However, I did get a few good DVDs out of it.
    > This brings me to another somewhat related question. On this recorder (as

    I am
    > sure on all) there is the SP to SLP breakdown and a description of the

    quality.
    > Now SLP, of course, is gonna be the worse, but I noticed that if I

    recorded a
    > movie or TV show that was filmed it wasn't that bad. However, if I tried

    to fit
    > a show shot on video the quality was really horrible. So my question here

    is:
    > Is this something that is indicative of the DVD recorder or is it just the
    > nature of the DVD-Rs themselves?

    Neither. These formats compress the video and audio. Noisy material (such
    as tape) often provides a very poor source to any DVD recording system since
    compression 'goes nuts' on noise.

    All cyberhome is cheap junk. Look at Panasonic, except for the E50 model.

    luminos, Oct 27, 2003

  3. Comicpsych

    Bullock Guest

    The answer is "Yes"