    DVD recorders at different price levels? Higher quality pictures or
    sound?

    Thanks!
    Steve, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Steve

    Jon Purkey Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:29:09 -0800, Steve <> wrote:

    >1. If I'm recording on the VCR and the program is longer than 2
    >hours, it will record at SP, then switch to EP toward the end, in
    >order to fit the entire program on the tape. Are there any DVD
    >recorders with this capability?

    Some DVD Recorders have flexible recording which will record a program
    at a bitrate/quality that is in between the standard speeds,
    calculated based on the amount of time left on the disc. Set it to
    record a 3 hour movie on a empty disc and the movie will be recorded
    at a quality that is halfway between the SP(2 hour) and LP(4 hour)
    speeds.

    >2. The VCR has one-touch record with 30-minute increments. Available
    >on DVD recorders?

    My Panasonic E75 has this feature. Pressing REC twice sets it to 30
    minutes and each addition press adds more time. 0:30, 1:00, 1:30,
    2:00, 3:00 and 4:00. I've also found that I can add additional time to
    the end of a timer recording while it is recording, which is useful
    should a program run long.

    -
    -Jon Purkey - <)
    Jon Purkey, Dec 1, 2004