    in title 2's space and have any excess recorded after title 3. In our words
    does it work like a file system on the hard drive? Note, I'm referring to a
    stand alone DVD recorder, not a dvd burner connected to a PC.

    Martik, Sep 11, 2005

  2. Martik

    gangle Guest

    "Martik" wrote
    > How does the DVD recorder reuse space of deleted titles on RW media? ie: If
    > I have title 1 2 3 recorded, then delete title 2, can I record a new title
    > in title 2's space and have any excess recorded after title 3. In our words
    > does it work like a file system on the hard drive? Note, I'm referring to a
    > stand alone DVD recorder, not a dvd burner connected to a PC.

    Isn't this covered in the recorder's manual? If you don't have it,
    a pdf should be available on the manufacturer's website.

    gangle, Sep 11, 2005

  3. Martik

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Martik wrote:
    > How does the DVD recorder reuse space of deleted titles on RW media? ie: If
    > I have title 1 2 3 recorded, then delete title 2, can I record a new title
    > in title 2's space and have any excess recorded after title 3. In our words
    > does it work like a file system on the hard drive? Note, I'm referring to a
    > stand alone DVD recorder, not a dvd burner connected to a PC.

    unverified: I have heard that an "erased' item is still there, you do
    not get the space back until the whole disk is reformatted.

    Rick Merrill, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Martik

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:04:53 GMT, "Martik" <> wrote:

    >How does the DVD recorder reuse space of deleted titles on RW media? ie: If
    >I have title 1 2 3 recorded, then delete title 2, can I record a new title
    >in title 2's space and have any excess recorded after title 3. In our words
    >does it work like a file system on the hard drive? Note, I'm referring to a
    >stand alone DVD recorder, not a dvd burner connected to a PC.

    Chances are no, you don't recove the space until you format / erase
    the media.

    Evan Platt, Sep 11, 2005
  5. Martik

    Martik Guest

    "gangle" <> wrote in message
    > "Martik" wrote
    >> How does the DVD recorder reuse space of deleted titles on RW media? ie:
    >> If
    >> I have title 1 2 3 recorded, then delete title 2, can I record a new
    >> title
    >> in title 2's space and have any excess recorded after title 3. In our
    >> words
    >> does it work like a file system on the hard drive? Note, I'm referring to
    >> stand alone DVD recorder, not a dvd burner connected to a PC.

    > Isn't this covered in the recorder's manual? If you don't have it,
    > a pdf should be available on the manufacturer's website.

    The manual says the erased space is reclaimed but does not explain what
    happens if the new title does not fit into that space.

    Martik, Sep 11, 2005