DVD Recorder Basic Questions

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ragman, May 16, 2004.

  1. Ragman

    Ragman Guest

    I am thinking of getting a stand-alone DVD recorder to replace my VCR. I am
    not quite sure it'll be that simple...

    Can you record a TV show, for example, on a DVD RW disc (whether "+" or "-
    ")standard and take that disc to a DVD player in another room? We do this,
    of course, with VHS tapes. Also, looking at the specs on the display boxes,
    most do not say they have a TV tuner built-in. Is this because it is
    standard in all of them, or is it because most do not have a tuner?

    Also, can a single RW disc be used over and over (as a tape is used) even
    if it is finalised?

    And if you record more than one event sequentially on the same disc, are
    they accessable as "chapters" are on a pre-recorded disc? We frequently
    record two or three shows on a tape over the period of a few days, then
    watch them later. Sometimes we skip to the second or third show on the tape
    to watch it before the first show.

    Thanks,
    Jack

    Ragman, May 16, 2004

  2. Ragman

    Shadowhawk Guest

    1. Yes, if the recorder you purchase can record on RW+ or -. And also if your
    other player will play the format. Check your compatability.

    2. Yes.

    3. Most players record the show to a hard drive, and give you the option to
    place them whatever way you want when you burn the disc.

    --------

    Check out my Homepage
    http://Shadowhawk27.tripod.com/

    delete Nospam from e-mail to reply!