    Any good DVD recorders out there? I seem to find that most seem to have bugs
    in them, either they will not finalize the dvd, hangs up,and some do dvd-,
    or they do dvd+s. Like to know any ideas.

    HipOp, Jan 31, 2006

  2. HipOp

    M.B. Guest

    HipOp wrote:
    > Any good DVD recorders out there? I seem to find that most seem to have bugs
    > in them, either they will not finalize the dvd, hangs up,and some do dvd-,
    > or they do dvd+s. Like to know any ideas.

    Are you talking computer DVD recorders or TV DVD recorders?

    If the latter, I can highly recommend the Lite On LVW-545 HDD+DVD
    Recorder. Costco sells it from their web site. It might be a little
    more than you want to pay, but for under $350 you not only get a DVD
    recorder, but you also get a 160 GB HDD. It writes to everything. CDR,
    CDRW, DVD+-R and DVD+-RW. It records stuff from the hard drive to a DVD
    very effortlessly. And you can also hook up a video camcorder to it as
    well.

    M.B., Jan 31, 2006

  3. HipOp

    HipOp Guest

    HipOp, Jan 31, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    M.B. <> wrote:
    >HipOp wrote:
    >> Any good DVD recorders out there? I seem to find that most seem to have bugs
    >> in them, either they will not finalize the dvd, hangs up,and some do dvd-,
    >> or they do dvd+s. Like to know any ideas.

    >Are you talking computer DVD recorders or TV DVD recorders?

    >If the latter, I can highly recommend the Lite On LVW-545 HDD+DVD
    >Recorder. Costco sells it from their web site. It might be a little
    >more than you want to pay, but for under $350 you not only get a DVD
    >recorder, but you also get a 160 GB HDD. It writes to everything. CDR,
    >CDRW, DVD+-R and DVD+-RW. It records stuff from the hard drive to a DVD
    >very effortlessly. And you can also hook up a video camcorder to it as
    >well.

    M.B. I wonder if you send me an email as I have a couple of
    questions to ask about that machine specifically. Me email address
    is legit on the bottom of the page - or in the headers.

    I have one of the no-frills cheapies from Lite-On - that I got to
    fill in while another went back home to be repaired.

    Thanks.

    Bill
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 5, 2006
  5. HipOp

    Guest Guest

    "Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...
    > In article <>,
    > M.B. <> wrote:
    >>HipOp wrote:
    >>> Any good DVD recorders out there? I seem to find that most seem to have
    >>> bugs
    >>> in them, either they will not finalize the dvd, hangs up,and some do
    >>> dvd-,
    >>> or they do dvd+s. Like to know any ideas.

    >>Are you talking computer DVD recorders or TV DVD recorders?

    >>If the latter, I can highly recommend the Lite On LVW-545 HDD+DVD
    >>Recorder. Costco sells it from their web site. It might be a little
    >>more than you want to pay, but for under $350 you not only get a DVD
    >>recorder, but you also get a 160 GB HDD. It writes to everything. CDR,
    >>CDRW, DVD+-R and DVD+-RW. It records stuff from the hard drive to a DVD
    >>very effortlessly. And you can also hook up a video camcorder to it as
    >>well.

    From your description it sounds like the same unit I bought a few months
    ago, but with part No. 5045. I returned it because I couldn't play a DVD
    while it was recording on the hard drive.

    Norm

    Guest, Feb 5, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >"Bill Vermillion" <> wrote in message news:...
    >> In article <>,
    >> M.B. <> wrote:

    >>>Are you talking computer DVD recorders or TV DVD recorders?

    >>>If the latter, I can highly recommend the Lite On LVW-545 HDD+DVD
    >>>Recorder. Costco sells it from their web site. It might be a little
    >>>more than you want to pay, but for under $350 you not only get a DVD
    >>>recorder, but you also get a 160 GB HDD. It writes to everything. CDR,
    >>>CDRW, DVD+-R and DVD+-RW. It records stuff from the hard drive to a DVD
    >>>very effortlessly. And you can also hook up a video camcorder to it as
    >>>well.

    >From your description it sounds like the same unit I bought a few months
    >ago, but with part No. 5045. I returned it because I couldn't play a DVD
    >while it was recording on the hard drive.

    That's a major point. Can it record two streams at once.

    Are there any editing facilities in it? I mean just minor.

    My Philips let's me split things on +RW and create an individual
    thumbnail. THe el-cheapo LiteOn - will let me edit the title and
    that's about it but everything on that goes to a PC for editing,
    while on one with at least some minor menu editing I sometimes
    just let them go that way.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 6, 2006
  7. HipOp

    Guest

    HipOp wrote:
    > Any good DVD recorders out there? I seem to find that most seem to have bugs
    > in them, either they will not finalize the dvd, hangs up,and some do dvd-,
    > or they do dvd+s. Like to know any ideas.

    Don't know if you can get the same model number but I have had a
    Pioneer 220 for almost 2 years now which I have used to record at least
    1 dvd per day,and up to as many as 5 dvds per day(for example the
    Sopranos is being shown from episode 1 on Comcast On Demand, and on the
    weekends I record like crazy) since the day I took it out of the box
    with no machine related problems,and it uses most brand name and store
    brand blank DVD-R discs no problem (once got a bad store brand 50
    spindle from Staples and that has been it so far)!
    And frankly for what I paid for it (under $200.00 at Walmart) I
    consider it to be better and easier to use than the other brand name
    recorders my friends got, most of which cost them much more money!
    Anway why not go to Walmart and try the Pioneer brand (whatever model
    they now may have) and if you do not like it return it?

    , Feb 7, 2006