DVD Reading probelm

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by michelebargeman@yahoo.com, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I borrowed few movies from library, and my dvd players are unable to
    read some of them. One of them is labeled as DVD-E 365. I assumed they
    were PAL, because they are from India. My computer can't read them.
    Strange thing about the disk is that its purple from the bottom, like
    one of those +/- DVD media, however, I always thought commercial DVDs
    have shiny silver bottom.

    I get the feeling that someone copy the orginal DVD on to DVD - R and
    kept the orginal, because most DVD movies Indian, and American come
    with silver bottom. Am I wrong?

    Does anyone know what could be the problem?

    I have one LG DVD players and a recorder in my computer, and they are
    able to read +/- and duel layers. Both players are having truble
    reading any purple "commercial" DVD movies.

    I should mention that I have recorded some DVD movies, and data on +/-
    DVD and they also happen to have purple bottom, but they can be read,
    and played on my DVD player. I am only having this type of problem with
    commercial DVDs "with purple bottom" that I borrowed from library.

    I don't have stand alone DVD player, I mostly play them on my
    computers.

    , Mar 15, 2006

  2. On 15 Mar 2006 09:42:47 -0800, wrote:

    >I get the feeling that someone copy the orginal DVD on to DVD - R and
    >kept the orginal, because most DVD movies Indian, and American come
    >with silver bottom. Am I wrong?

    I don't know why you can't play these discs, but there are legitimate
    small companies that sell their wares on recordable DVDs. It's simply a
    cost effective way of handling a low-volume title.

    Kimba W. Lion, Mar 15, 2006