    I installed the latest firmware upgrade for the LG.

    Any help would be appreciated. How can I get DVDRAM to get recognized on
    the LG? The LG is supposed to support DVD RAM.
    Fred, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Fred

    Java Jive Guest

    You probably need a UDF2 driver such as the Panasonic here:
    http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/drive/comb/kxlcb30a/download.html
    (for a non-Panasonic drive like yours and mine, the Panasonic-specific part
    of the
    installation is disabled - you can only use KXLCB30A.EXE to install UDF2).

    After the usual reboot all was solved for me.

    "Fred" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Panasonic E50 DVD recorder. It writes DVD-RAM.
    >
    > I put an LG Electronics (OEM) 4082B DVD Writer on my WIN98SE PC to edit
    > these dvdrams.
    >
    > The LG works fine, on everything except DVD-RAMs i recorded on the Panny.

    > shows them as CD's, with no data on them.
    >
    > I installed the latest firmware upgrade for the LG.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated. How can I get DVDRAM to get recognized on
    > the LG? The LG is supposed to support DVD RAM.

    ---
    Java Jive, Jun 19, 2004