DVD-Ram Playback

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John Massachusetts Pigye, Jan 8, 2004.

  1. are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with software?

    John Massachusetts Pigye, Jan 8, 2004

  2. Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
    drive?

    Colon Terminus, Jan 8, 2004

  3. Colon Terminus wrote:

    > Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
    > drive?

    I'm sure he's talking about the cartridgeless version.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Jan 8, 2004
  4. John Massachusetts Pigye

    Richard C. Guest

    Not all DVD-Ram discs have a "cartridge.
    None of mine do.
    =======================

    "Colon Terminus" <> wrote in message
    :
    : Hmm, just how would you insert the DVD-RAM cartridge into your DVD-ROM
    : drive?
    :
    : "John Massachusetts Pigye" <> wrote in message
    : news:1.com...
    : > are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM with
    : software?
    : >
    :
    :

    Richard C., Jan 8, 2004
  5. John Massachusetts Pigye

    Nic Guest

    There are model from Panasonic, LG and Toshiba that do them.

    Also, Panasonic ones take both cartridge and non cartridge RAM. I use a LG
    4040B writer that reads and writes to non cartridge RAM

    ---

    Nic, Jan 8, 2004
  6. Well, thanks to this group, I've been educated. I've not paid any attention
    whatsoever to DVD-RAM since the format was announced by the DVD folks. At
    that time the cartridge was part of the specification. Obviously that has
    changed in the interval since then.

    Thank you.

    Colon Terminus, Jan 9, 2004
  7. John Massachusetts Pigye

    eric ng Guest

    You can take out the disk from the cartridge by open the end of the
    cartridge, if your file is video file,
    you need software to play it, for data files no special software required as
    Windows treats the RAM disk
    just like a removable hard drive.

    eric ng, Jan 9, 2004
  8. John Massachusetts Pigye

    mazinz Guest

    actually you do not need 'special" software to play ram disc. Powerdvd xp 4
    (which is very common with many pcs) reads the ram disc just fine.

    mazinz, Jan 9, 2004
  9. John Massachusetts Pigye

    Trevor S Guest

    > are there any DVD-ROM drives that are capable of playing back DVD-RAM
    > with software?

    I use PowerDVD 4, both my DVD-ROM and my burner handle -RAM no problems.

    --
    Trevor S

    -Albert Einstein

    Trevor S, Jan 10, 2004