DVD RAM playback on PC

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Sheriff, Jun 18, 2004.

  1. The Sheriff

    The Sheriff Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a video recording on DVD-RAM made on my Toshiba D-RS1B DVD Recorder.

    When I put the DVD-RAM in my PC I can see the files (using an LG GSA-4040B
    Super Multi Drive DVD Writer) but cannot play them back on the PC. Also, how
    can I rip the files to my HD and then burn them to a regular DVD-R? (I want
    to give a copy to a relative)

    Any of you guru's out there able to help a newbie in distress.

    1) Is this possible (or should I give up now?)
    2) What software do I need (and where do I get it?)

    Setup:
    Win XP, Athlon XP1600, 384Mb RAM, 100Gb free HD space
    LG GSA-4040B Multi drive (Reads and writes to DVD+/- R, DVD+/-RW, DVD-RAM)
    Samsung DVD-ROM
    PowerDVD 3.0 & B's Recorder Gold 5 & neoDVDplus5

    Thanks for you help (in advance!)

    Spence.

    ---

    The Sheriff, Jun 18, 2004

  2. The Sheriff

    sanpablo Guest

    I use TMPGEncDVDAuthor to create DVD-R from my DVD-RAM discs recorded
    on my Panasonic DMR-E80H

    sanpablo, Jun 19, 2004

  3. The Sheriff

    Java Jive Guest

    You probably need a UDF2 driver such as the Panasonic one here:
    http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/drive/comb/kxlcb30a/download.html
    (for a non-Panasonic drive like yours or mine, the Panasonic-specific part
    of the
    installation is disabled - you can only use KXLCB30A.EXE to install UDF2).

    After the usual reboot all was solved for me ...

    "The Sheriff" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a video recording on DVD-RAM made on my Toshiba D-RS1B DVD

    Recorder.

    > When I put the DVD-RAM in my PC I can see the files (using an LG GSA-4040B
    > Super Multi Drive DVD Writer) but cannot play them back on the PC. Also,

    how
    > can I rip the files to my HD and then burn them to a regular DVD-R? (I

    want
    > to give a copy to a relative)
    >
    > Any of you guru's out there able to help a newbie in distress.
    >
    > 1) Is this possible (or should I give up now?)
    > 2) What software do I need (and where do I get it?)
    >
    > Setup:
    > Win XP, Athlon XP1600, 384Mb RAM, 100Gb free HD space
    > LG GSA-4040B Multi drive (Reads and writes to DVD+/- R, DVD+/-RW, DVD-RAM)
    > Samsung DVD-ROM
    > PowerDVD 3.0 & B's Recorder Gold 5 & neoDVDplus5
    >
    > Thanks for you help (in advance!)
    >
    > Spence.
    >

    > ---

    ---

    Java Jive, Jun 19, 2004
  4. The Sheriff

    The Sheriff Guest

    Thanks for the tip - downloaded the trial version from
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html and it worked perfectly.

    The Sheriff ....

    "sanpablo" <> wrote in message
    > I use TMPGEncDVDAuthor to create DVD-R from my DVD-RAM discs recorded
    > on my Panasonic DMR-E80H

    ---

    The Sheriff, Jun 20, 2004
  5. The Sheriff

    sanpablo Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:06:12 +0100, "The Sheriff"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the tip - downloaded the trial version from
    >http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html and it worked perfectly.
    >
    >The Sheriff ....
    >
    >"sanpablo" <> wrote in message
    >> I use TMPGEncDVDAuthor to create DVD-R from my DVD-RAM discs recorded
    >> on my Panasonic DMR-E80H

    Just passing on the tip that I received here after asking the same
    question about a year ago :)
    Glad it worked for you.
    I've been very happy with the program so it's worth the purchase price
    after the trial period is over.

    sanpablo, Jun 21, 2004