    Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
    Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.

    Roger

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=, May 28, 2006

  2. No version of Windows will write to a DVD... you need third party DVD
    burning software... Roxio and Nero are the most frequently used
    applications.

    And Windows Home, Pro, Tablet and MCE are exactly the same... !
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), May 29, 2006

  3. Thanks Cari, now that you siad it, I remember there is software on my old
    system, but it does not show as the driver. Drivers is still microsoft, but
    its some thing you never use by name or all up. I use nero, but it would
    save driver not installed. Where on the old system I could work with the
    DVD-RAM just like a Floppy, but I had forgot about the manufactures software
    which is also called a driver, but does not show in device manager as the
    drives driver. Most some type of interrpeter that sets between OS and driver.

    Thanks for the reply, it was the filing I needed to remember the
    manufactures software. Works fine now, was suppised to discover they had a
    64-bit version.

    Roger

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=, May 29, 2006
  4. Ah, it would seem that you are talking about the InCD Packet writing
    software - I am sorry but this does not work at all at the moment in XP x64.
    If you are having problems after trying to install this, I would recommend
    you to un-install anything that references the drive - Nero and drivers and
    remove the device from 'device-manager', then re-boot and let Windows
    install the basic drivers and then re-install the basic Nero functions and
    you should have full use of your drive - except, no floppy-like functions!

    It is true, Nero has some driver-like things inside and they will not show
    up in Device Manager.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 29, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=

    churin Guest

    If Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator is installed, then DVD-RAM can be used a
    la floppy disk: Using Windows Explorer one can copy and paste files and
    folders on DVD-RAM and it can be ejected by just pressing the Eject button.

    churin, May 29, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Yes, make sure it is version 8 or newer.

    John Barnes, May 29, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXJQ?=

    LDJ Guest

    Hello RogerP!

    RogerP wrote:
    > What would keep Win 64 from detecting a DVD/CD DVD-RAM function only allow
    > CD-RW functions.
    > ID Drive correctly:Matshita DVD_RAM SW-9574S
    > But, will not allow writing to it.
    > Win XP 32-bit does not require special drives with the same drive.
    > Manufacture states Window XP has drivers and it supplies no driver.
    >
    > Roger

    Maybe you can use this driver:

    Panasonic & LG DVD-RAM x64 Driver

    DVD-RAM Driver Software for Windows XP x64 Edition:

    Drives Supported:

    MATSHITA(Panasonic)
    For DVD Multi drive models:

    SW-9571,SW-9572,SW-9573
    SW-9574,SW-9581,SW-9582
    SW-9583,SW-9584,SW-9585
    UJ-815, UJ-825, UJ-835
    UJ-845, UJ-846

    For LG Electronic's drives:
    HL-DT-ST:
    GMA-4020B, GMA-4080N, GSA-4040B,
    GSA-4080B, GSA-4081B, GSA-4082B,
    GSA-4120B, GSA-4160B, GSA-4163B, GSA-4167B

    You can download the driver here:

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=758

    In order to download the driver, you You will have to register on
    PlanetAMD64. It doesn't hurt, and cost nothing. :)

    --
    Kind Regards
    LDJ

    LDJ, May 29, 2006