DVD-RAM drive vs DVD-RW ?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by - Bobb -, Mar 19, 2007.

  1. - Bobb -

    - Bobb - Guest

    I just bought an internal Sony DVD drive at CompUSA ( $25 after rebates
    this week) and when I look at it ( with no media in it) in XP, I see
    that it's called a DVD-RAM drive. I've only heard that term in home
    media decks - to record everyday TV programs/overwrite etc. I've been
    looking around .... via google to

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-RAM

    http://aplawrence.com/Reviews/dvdram.html

    etc

    I can't find the answer to this:
    1. In everyday PC use, do I care ?
    2. Are DVD's recorded on my DVD-RW, +RW drives and this new drive gonna
    be interchangable etc ?

    Anyone with experience using both on same PC ?
    Thanks,
    Bobb
    - Bobb -, Mar 19, 2007