    meantime it doesn't read or writes any disk.
    Tks
    Fernando
    Fernando, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Fernando

    TIM CAYWOOD Guest

    You need software. XP does not do much on it's own beside see it as another
    removable media drive.

    If you want to play a DVD movie, you need the player software and the proper
    codec, etc for your video hardware.

    If you want to burn or copy DVDs you need software that works for DVD. There
    are hundreds of programs out there that do that.

    Now it will also work as a CD reader/writer and probably any software you
    already have will also work with your new DVD burner.

    TIM CAYWOOD, Nov 5, 2004