DVD-R versus DVD-VR

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jacques Ciana, Jan 31, 2008.

  1. What is the diff. between DVD-r and DVD-VR?

    Jacques Ciana, Jan 31, 2008

  2. Jacques Ciana

    Richard C. Guest

    Richard C., Jan 31, 2008

  3. Jacques Ciana

    Lyrik Guest

    Den 31.01.2008 kl. 21:52 skrev Jacques Ciana <>:

    > What is the diff. between DVD-r and DVD-VR?

    DVD-R is a burnable DVD record. DVD-VR is a Video Recording format on the
    same disc, or a rewritable disc. Used in DVD recorders for editing and
    quickburning recorded footage.
    Usually the VR recorded stuff can be transferred to a DVD-RW quicker than
    the same footage recorded in normal DVD mode.

    Unfortunately the VR recorded material has great dificulties when trying
    to transfer it to a PC for further editing. The record must be finalized.
    One program that is able to edit the footage is "TMPGenc DVD Author." I
    know becourse I bought it for the same reason.

    --
    Greetings from Jens "Lyrik" Bech.

    Lyrik, Jan 31, 2008
  4. Jacques Ciana

    Guest

    Lyrik wrote:

    > Unfortunately the VR recorded material has great dificulties when trying
    > to transfer it to a PC for further editing. The record must be finalized.
    > One program that is able to edit the footage is "TMPGenc DVD Author." I
    > know becourse I bought it for the same reason.

    I also use TMGEnc DVD Author3. I use DVD+RW discs and they do not have
    to be finalized.
    -Bill

    , Feb 1, 2008