    Freecom Classic Series dvd burner.The files im trying to burn are mpeg files
    and roxio burns the disc happily but the disc will not play on my dvd player
    or my friends x box which normally plays dvd+r discs.please help

    Bev & Russ, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Bev & Russ

    Me Guest

    From my expierience burning dvd's I would suggest using dvd + rw, alot
    less coasters .................

    Me, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Bev & Russ

    unclejr Guest

    "Bev & Russ" <trinity.27(remove this)@btinternet.com> wrote...
    > Trying to burn dvd+r's using roxio easy cd & dvd creator 6 with an external
    > Freecom Classic Series dvd burner.The files im trying to burn are mpeg files
    > and roxio burns the disc happily but the disc will not play on my dvd player
    > or my friends x box which normally plays dvd+r discs.please help

    Are your files raw mpeg files? If so, then they have to be rendered
    to .vob files FIRST before burning onto disc (within a VIDEO_TS
    folder). You will also have to create/author .ifo and .bup files for
    your DVD player to recognize and navigate through the disc.

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Bev & Russ

    unclejr Guest

    "Bev & Russ" <trinity.27(remove this)@btinternet.com> wrote...
    >sorry but what software do i need for this and how do i do it

    You need to AUTHOR the DVD with your mpeg file(s) to the correct
    protocol/format so your DVD player will recognize the disc.

    You will have to purchase an authoring software program, unless your
    burner came with one bundled with it. MANY authoring programs are
    commercially-available. These is just a few that you can choose from:

    <http://www.dvdrhelp.com/author>

    HTH,

    -Junior

    unclejr, Dec 2, 2003
  5. Bev & Russ

    Bev & Russ Guest

    how do i do this and what software do i need

    Bev & Russ, Dec 2, 2003
  6. I use DVD Lab for simple things. It only supports 1 audio track (DVD
    standard allows you to have 8 audio tracks), and needs the video from the
    mpeg file to have been encoded with an aspect ratio set to 4:3 or 16:9 (some
    are 1:1, and these wont work).

    If your burner came with some discs with stuff on 'em, see what it is.
    Anything from Sonic is a start.

    As for that use DVD+RW disc stuff as it has less coasters, thats bull. I
    can GUARANTEE you will NEVER coaster a DVD+RW. Just erase it and try again,
    so you'll never render one useless.

    Anonymous Joe, Dec 3, 2003