    I have the most experience with Maxell, Sony or TDK.
    most are well over a buck a piece.
    thanks in advance

    Joe Gonzalez, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Joe Gonzalez wrote:

    > Does anyone have a good online store to go to get the best prices on dvd-r
    > or rw's?
    > I am look for decent quality disc's.
    > I have the most experience with Maxell, Sony or TDK.
    > most are well over a buck a piece.

    If I wait long enough either Best Buy or CompUSA put
    50 packs of Maxell or Fuji on sale for $49.99, but for
    basic media to make copies for people I get all mine
    at www.allmediaoutlet.com and just get their house
    brand.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Joe Gonzalez

    jeff blaclk Guest

    Check out EBAY

    jeff blaclk, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Joe Gonzalez

    MauiJNP Guest

    > Does anyone have a good online store to go to get the best prices on dvd-r
    > or rw's?
    > I am look for decent quality disc's.
    > I have the most experience with Maxell, Sony or TDK.
    > most are well over a buck a piece.
    > thanks in advance

    http://www.meritline.com/samsung-dvd-r-discount.html

    on sale now, Samsung DVD-r's for $27, it is a 50 pack spindle. that makes
    it about .54 each

    MauiJNP, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Joe Gonzalez

    Freddy Caple Guest

    "MauiJNP" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Joe Gonzalez" <> wrote in message
    > > Does anyone have a good online store to go to get the best prices on dvd-r
    > > or rw's?
    > > I am look for decent quality disc's.
    > > I have the most experience with Maxell, Sony or TDK.
    > > most are well over a buck a piece.
    > > thanks in advance

    I bought 25 from this person on EBay. I've had no problems with the discs.

    http://stores.ebay.com/Humphrey-Media-Supply

    FREDDY

    Freddy Caple, Jun 6, 2004
  6. Joe Gonzalez

    Marci Guest

    Joe Gonzalez wrote:
    > Does anyone have a good online store to go to get the best prices on dvd-r
    > or rw's?
    > I am look for decent quality disc's.
    > I have the most experience with Maxell, Sony or TDK.
    > most are well over a buck a piece.
    > thanks in advance

    I bought 100 by Prodisc for $62.00 (free domestic ground shipping) at
    Shop4Tech. I haven't had one bad one in the lot yet. They have other
    brands at various prices.

    http://www.shop4tech.com/

    Marci, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Joe Gonzalez

    nickay420 Guest

    get generics from pricewatch.com

    a blank dvd is a blank dvd... big name companies slap their tag on it and
    charge way more than they'worth

    anyone know if dvd-r's will be dvd-18's anytime soon?

    nickay420, Jun 9, 2004
  8. Joe Gonzalez

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Joe Gonzalez wrote:
    > Does anyone have a good online store to go to get the best prices on
    > dvd-r or rw's?
    > I am look for decent quality disc's.
    > I have the most experience with Maxell, Sony or TDK.
    > most are well over a buck a piece.
    > thanks in advance

    Ignore the guy who said buy generic - all discs are NOT made alike, and
    that's been quantitatively proven. Some brands are simply more reliable
    and/or compatible than others. Check out reviews on
    http://www.videohelp.com.

    Others have pointed you to big box stores, which are a good source, but you
    have to switch them up because they have sales on different brands at
    different times. I used to peruse the ads in the Sunday paper to find out
    which store was having the best sale that week - you can *always* find
    someone selling something for under $1 a disc.

    But that's what I used to do. Now I make it easy on myself and just order
    this:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001YFX52/

    Ritek/Ridata make among the best discs, and at .70 per disc, it's a pretty
    unbeatable deal at all times.

    Mike

    Mike Kohary, Jun 9, 2004
  9. Joe Gonzalez

    Joe Gonzalez Guest

    dvd blanks are not dvd blanks
    some are coated to resist peeling with age
    I have seen it happen with extremely cheap dvd's and cd's
    name brands are definitely better but so expensive

    Joe Gonzalez, Jun 10, 2004
  10. Joe Gonzalez

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 12:35:19 -0700, "Mike Kohary" <> wrote:

    >Others have pointed you to big box stores, which are a good source

    Nope. big box stores are a lousy place to buy because you never know what
    you're buying. Those places carry "name brands" who just slap their name
    on whatever media was cheapest that month.

    Online, you can by Riteks or Taiyo Yudens and know that you're getting
    exactly what you want. Shop by manufacturer, not brand names.

    Nomen Nescio, Jun 11, 2004