    easy-to-locate buttons. I suspect that this may not be available.

    Thanks
    Gib

    Gib Bogle, Jul 31, 2006

  2. Gib Bogle

    Martin Guest

    the remote should be easy - try googling "oversized universal remote" but
    the dvd player might be a bit harder - maybe you should look for a DVD
    player that has onscreen controls..

    Martin, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Gib Bogle

    PeeCee Guest

    "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    > An 80-year old friend is suffering from deteriorating vision, which has
    > made reading impossible. One of his sons regularly sends him DVDs with
    > mp3 segments (mainly from British radio). The problem he has is in
    > selecting the track he wants to listen to. The remote controller does
    > make this possible, but he is having increasing difficulty in operating
    > it, because the buttons and labels are too small.
    >
    > His first requirement is a DVD player that has (a) easy button controls on
    > the front to enable track selection, and (b) a big, bright display
    > indicating which track is selected. Can someone suggest a suitable model?
    >
    > The other issue is with the remote controller. These are usually quite
    > small, for obvious reasons, but he'd prefer a big one with easy-to-locate
    > buttons. I suspect that this may not be available.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Gib

    Gib

    You may get some help from the Royal NZ Foundation of the Blind.
    http://www.rnzfb.org.nz/

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 31, 2006
  4. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Martin wrote:
    > the remote should be easy - try googling "oversized universal remote" but
    > the dvd player might be a bit harder - maybe you should look for a DVD
    > player that has onscreen controls..

    Thanks. I have a universal remote but it has very few controls. I'm
    not sure if it'd work with a DVD (for track selection), but I'll check
    it out.

    Gib Bogle, Jul 31, 2006
  5. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    PeeCee wrote:

    > "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>An 80-year old friend is suffering from deteriorating vision, which has
    >>made reading impossible. One of his sons regularly sends him DVDs with
    >>mp3 segments (mainly from British radio). The problem he has is in
    >>selecting the track he wants to listen to. The remote controller does
    >>make this possible, but he is having increasing difficulty in operating
    >>it, because the buttons and labels are too small.
    >>
    >>His first requirement is a DVD player that has (a) easy button controls on
    >>the front to enable track selection, and (b) a big, bright display
    >>indicating which track is selected. Can someone suggest a suitable model?
    >>
    >>The other issue is with the remote controller. These are usually quite
    >>small, for obvious reasons, but he'd prefer a big one with easy-to-locate
    >>buttons. I suspect that this may not be available.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Gib

    > Gib
    >
    > You may get some help from the Royal NZ Foundation of the Blind.
    > http://www.rnzfb.org.nz/

    Thanks Paul, I didn't think of that.

    Gib Bogle, Jul 31, 2006