    What DVD Format is best?

    Will all DVD Burners burn DVDs so they can be viewed on standard DVDs to be
    viewed on TV?

    JnlSeb, May 19, 2004

  2. JnlSeb

    Thor Guest

    "JnlSeb" <> wrote in message
    news:8tMqc.2408$...
    > Will DVD Burners only burn DVDs or CDs as well?

    Yes they burn CDs.

    > What DVD Format is best?

    Compatibility-wise, from what I've read, and in my own experience, DVD+R/RW
    is the most compatible with players in general, although it isn't hard to
    find a DVD burner that handles both DVD+R/RW and DVD-R/RW formats, so you
    can experiment with what works best for you.

    > Will all DVD Burners burn DVDs so they can be viewed on standard DVDs to

    be
    > viewed on TV?

    Yes, but you need to have the proper software that creates the DVD file
    structure necessary for them to play as DVD Video discs. And, if you are
    trying to create DVD movies from video files downloaded on the internet, or
    captured from your video camera, etc, then they have to be in the proper
    compression format and converted to the proper file format that the DVD
    burning software can use. Simply backing up commerical DVD movies also
    requires that you use some kind of DVD ripping software to break the CSS
    encryption, and then you can use a program like Nero to burn the unencrypted
    files to a blank DVD.

    Thor, May 19, 2004

  3. JnlSeb

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I use Clone DVD and I can watch DVD'S on my DVD player

    Lloyd Jones, May 19, 2004
  4. JnlSeb

    Night_Seer Guest

    Thor wrote:
    > "JnlSeb" <> wrote in message
    >> Will DVD Burners only burn DVDs or CDs as well?

    > Yes they burn CDs.
    >

    >> What DVD Format is best?

    > Compatibility-wise, from what I've read, and in my own experience,
    > DVD+R/RW is the most compatible with players in general, although it
    > isn't hard to find a DVD burner that handles both DVD+R/RW and
    > DVD-R/RW formats, so you can experiment with what works best for you.
    >

    >> Will all DVD Burners burn DVDs so they can be viewed on standard
    >> DVDs to be viewed on TV?

    > Yes, but you need to have the proper software that creates the DVD
    > file structure necessary for them to play as DVD Video discs. And, if
    > you are trying to create DVD movies from video files downloaded on
    > the internet, or captured from your video camera, etc, then they have
    > to be in the proper compression format and converted to the proper
    > file format that the DVD burning software can use. Simply backing up
    > commerical DVD movies also requires that you use some kind of DVD
    > ripping software to break the CSS encryption, and then you can use a
    > program like Nero to burn the unencrypted files to a blank DVD.

    I do know that most Sony's are compatible with DVD-R or -RW, if that's what
    you use.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, May 19, 2004