    if there is a cable to connect the PC to a TV set for viewing of movies.
    Any suggestion, thoughts or URls to visit would be appreciated.
    Norvin

    Norvin Gordon, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Norvin Gordon

    Pepperoni Guest

    Yes, it is possible. I imagine there are several ways to do this. Your TV
    will need to have input jacks. Some video cards may have this capability,
    but I am unfamiliar with them, and can't advise you on details. Some of the
    geek/gurus around here will likely set you straight shortly.

    I believe that the high end video cards/tv tuners with TVout will be the
    easiest way to go, but I have no recommendations. It may be cheaper to do
    some research and include a good card when you make your purchase. (don't
    forget a nice set of surround speakers)

    I am seriously thinking of using my TV as a monitor using a scan converter
    as an interface. The problem is that high resolutions seem to raise the
    price of these gadgets very quickly. They will work as a desktop, but may
    not be enough to please you for movies.
    http://tinyurl.com/w5vc
    http://tinyurl.com/w5t3
    http://tinyurl.com/w5t0
    http://tinyurl.com/w5tf

    The cables needed are either Svideo or RCA types, depending on your TV set.
    I found a site today with lots of choices. Cables are available in most
    electronics stores---that's the easy part.
    http://www.cablestogo.com/categories.asp?cat_id=2000

    Good luck

    Pepperoni, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Norvin Gordon

    Thor Guest

    Depends. Look for the specs to say "TV-OUT" in the video section. If it
    lacks TV-out, you can always buy a convertor box that will allow it to
    output to TV.

    Thor, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Norvin Gordon

    jim Guest

    buy a svhs lead with white/yellow audio attached (provided ur tv has an
    svhs socket - five pin hole) plug into tv and other end into graphics card.

    set ur tv as an extension of ur desktop.

    make sure ur tv has an svhs or scart socket...if scart then buy scart
    extension for ur svhs lead.

    make sure ur graphics card software allows for multiple displays.

    anyway ur tv will be become a second screen so you can watch ur movies and
    do whatever else on ur monitor.

    jim, Nov 23, 2003