    I live in Japan (region 2). I want to purchase DVD in US (region 1). Can
    someone suggest a way to see DVDs purchased in Japan on a DVD machine in
    Japan? Thank you.
    Sachi Noma, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Sachi Noma

    Jason Guest

    "Sachi Noma" <> wrote in message
    news:bikrup$ajmbv$-berlin.de...
    > I live in Japan (region 2). I want to purchase DVD in US (region 1). Can
    > someone suggest a way to see DVDs purchased in Japan on a DVD machine in
    > Japan? Thank you.

    1) Buy it. Decrypt it so that it is region free or reencrypt to region 2.
    Burn it back to CD.

    2) Get a DVD drive that you can make Region Free. Many out there. The one
    I use is a Digix (can't remember the model number). Anyways, their is a
    number combination that makes it region free. Only costs about $50.
    Jason, Aug 29, 2003