DVD Protest Planned

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by amelrob@aol.com, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Guest

    On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.

    This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    this DVD advertising smut.

    Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
    the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
    neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
    these huge fires.

    America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
    Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.

    REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
    It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
    their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
    legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
    must get our point across.

    SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    , Dec 5, 2003

  2. tom Guest

    The problem for you is that America has never been a decent country.

    tom, Dec 5, 2003

  3. <> wrote in message
    > On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    > States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    > love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    > advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
    >
    > This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    > On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    > Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    > build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    > catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    > this DVD advertising smut.
    >
    > Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
    > the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
    > neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
    > these huge fires.
    >
    > America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
    > Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
    >
    > REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
    > It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
    > their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
    > legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
    > must get our point across.
    >
    > SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    Instead of doing something incredibly insane as this, how about using your
    time for more productive activites, such as protesting that TV stations ruin
    the programs they air with popup promos for upcoming airings. Aim for the
    return of bumpers at the beginning and end of each commercial block with the
    promos there and the return of *nothing* over a program except for a
    transparent logo (so the picture and any subtitles can be read instead of
    covered)!

    Michael Walker, Dec 5, 2003
  4. FredBillie Guest

    << rom:
    Date: Fri, Dec 5, 2003 12:19 AM

    On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.

    This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    this DVD advertising smut.

    Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
    the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
    neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
    these huge fires.

    America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
    Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.

    REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
    It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
    their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
    legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
    must get our point across.

    SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.
    >><BR><BR>

    Gee, I wish I could join you in your effort but the local regulations and
    pollution laws (you know about those, don’t you?) Prevent me from doing what
    you suggest.

    FredBillie, Dec 5, 2003
  5. Kevin Scholl Guest

    Heh heh. I like him ... he's silly. :)

    wrote:

    > On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    > States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    > love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    > advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
    >
    > This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    > On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    > Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    > build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    > catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    > this DVD advertising smut.
    >
    > Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
    > the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
    > neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
    > these huge fires.
    >
    > America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
    > Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
    >
    > REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
    > It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
    > their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
    > legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
    > must get our point across.
    >
    > SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/

    Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
    the dreams...

    Kevin Scholl, Dec 5, 2003
  6. in a half shell:

    > SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    I didnt think you liked calling them DVDs?
    ;)

    David Beamish, Dec 5, 2003
  7. jgb Guest

    so tell me now... how more dumb can you be?

    jgb, Dec 5, 2003
  8. I have a pan and scan version of the Ron Howard Grinch movie, you can
    burn that if you want. Oh wait, it's a gift, I shouldn't do that.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 5, 2003
  9. Richard C. Guest

    "FredBillie" <> wrote in message

    : Gee, I wish I could join you in your effort but the local regulations and
    : pollution laws (you know about those, don't you?) Prevent me from doing what
    : you suggest.

    ==============
    As does sanity.

    Richard C., Dec 5, 2003
  10. Wade365 Guest

    But I LIKE being a corporate tool... I like tits on my TV, thank you very
    much... I like smut, I live in filth... it's AMERICA you FOOL! Come, join the
    wallow!

    Oink! Snort! More TITS!!! PENETRATION!!! SELL ME USELESS SHITE!!!

    "Boooooorrrrn in the USA, I was... BOOOOOOOORRRRRRNNN... in the
    YEEEWWWW-EESSSSS-AAAAYYYYY, I was... B-"

    I love the internet!

    ~Wade~

    - "Come father, let us sew soccer balls in Afghanistan!" (Tom Green, Patriotic
    Canadian)

    Wade365, Dec 5, 2003
  11. Ken Briscoe Guest

    What a clown.
    "DVD" isn't dirty. But, if you want to talk dirty, "DVD-A"...now that's
    something kids shouldn't get their hands on.

    Double Vaginal, Double Anal

    --
    Warning!
    KB - MCNGP #26

    Ken Briscoe, Dec 5, 2003
  12. Mark Spatny Guest

    , says...

    > SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    It would be best if you do not violate local fire restrictions and
    hazardous materials regulations. Instead, please send your DVDs to me,
    and I will make sure they are properly disoposed of.

    Mark Spatny, Dec 5, 2003
  13. Video Flyer Guest

    On 12/5/03 11:31 AM, in article
    newscache$t6nfph$l34$, "jgb" <>
    wrote:

    > so tell me now... how more dumb can you be?

    The answer is none. None more dumb. :p

    > <> wrote in message
    >> On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    >> States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    >> love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    >> advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
    >>
    >> This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    >> On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    >> Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    >> build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    >> catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    >> this DVD advertising smut.
    >>
    >> Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
    >> the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
    >> neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
    >> these huge fires.
    >>
    >> America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
    >> Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
    >>
    >> REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
    >> It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
    >> their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
    >> legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
    >> must get our point across.
    >>
    >> SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    Neal

    Video Flyer, Dec 5, 2003
  14. Guest

    >This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    >On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    >Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    >build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    >catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    >this DVD advertising smut.

    After you burn all of your favorite DVDs, you can pick them up again
    cheap at www.deepdiscountdvd.com! If you grab them before midnight
    tonight, you can save 20% with any of the following coupons:

    DVDTALK
    KLSX
    WCKG
    DVDSALE
    USATODAY

    We wholeheartedly support these protests and all the additional
    business they create! Burn those DVDs!

    -Your friendly neighborhood DDD shill

    , Dec 6, 2003
  15. Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:01:47 -0600, wrote:

    >>This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    >>On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    >>Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    >>build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    >>catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    >>this DVD advertising smut.

    >After you burn all of your favorite DVDs, you can pick them up again
    >cheap at www.deepdiscountdvd.com! If you grab them before midnight
    >tonight, you can save 20% with any of the following coupons:
    >
    >DVDTALK
    >KLSX
    >WCKG
    >DVDSALE
    >USATODAY
    >
    >We wholeheartedly support these protests and all the additional
    >business they create! Burn those DVDs!
    >
    >-Your friendly neighborhood DDD shill

    I hope your fire insurance is paid !!!!!

    , Dec 6, 2003
  16. Wayne H Guest

    OK . What about us on this side of the Pacific, ( It's that big body of
    water of the West coast of the US of A) in case you are wondering. If you
    want everyone to participate do we attend this mass burning at midday on
    Christmas day or as we are 16 hrs in front of you do we wait until 4am on
    the 26th? Then again the westcoast of Australia is another 3 hrs behind
    us -------- Damn it's all getting to cofusing I think I'll just stay in bed.

    Wayne H, Dec 6, 2003
  17. tom Guest

    Didn't you know that the world revolves around the US? Well at least Yanks
    think that.

    tom, Dec 6, 2003
  18. Guest

    On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 00:19:25 -0600, wrote:

    >On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    >States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    >love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    >advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.

    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    get a job jerkoff.

    , Dec 6, 2003
  19. Starz_Kid Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day), we the citizens of the United
    > States of America need to take back decency in this country. If you
    > love America, and want this nation to survive from the commercial
    > advertisers who are using you to promote smut and filth.
    >
    > This Christmas we are going to take back America, and family values.
    > On this day, at NOON, Americans are asked to set fire to your DVDs.
    > Take them out into the streets, invite your friends and relatives, and
    > build huge DVD fires. Burn the disks, burn the players, burn the
    > catalogs sent by advertisers that continue to bombard your homes with
    > this DVD advertising smut.
    >
    > Now is the time folks> If you love this nation, toss your DVDs into
    > the fires and burn them until they are entirely gone. If your
    > neighbor refuses to participate, help him/her by hauling their DVDs to
    > these huge fires.
    >
    > America will be a much better place after all DVDs are destroyed.
    > Please do your part, love your country, and burn your DVDs.
    >
    > REMEMBER: December 25, 2003 (Christmas Day) at 12:00 noon.
    > It's time to show these preverted advertisers just how we feel about
    > their filth. This DVD burning will occur unless these advertisers
    > legally change the name DVD to something else, prior to this date. We
    > must get our point across.
    >
    > SAVE AMERICA - Destroy the DVD.

    Hello, WOW are you dumb!!!!! I thought so... an AOL'er!!!! Why did I
    know that ahead of time!

    Actually though - how will burning DVDs take back anything!! You are dumber
    that a box of rox!!

    Starz_Kid...

    Starz_Kid, Dec 7, 2003
  20. Wade365 Guest

    << Actually though - how will burning DVDs take back anything!! >>

    Yup... Beatles, still more popular than religion. Didn't work back then,
    either.

    Wade365, Dec 7, 2003