    don't buy movies just to feed the program. I've got two new purchases to
    add and feel like a fish out of water. Hope its back soon!

    CM

    CSM, Feb 29, 2004

  2. CSM

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:45:44 GMT, "CSM" <> wrote:

    >Geez,
    >
    >I can't believe how addicted I've become to DVD Profiler. I'm not sure I
    >don't buy movies just to feed the program. I've got two new purchases to
    >add and feel like a fish out of water. Hope its back soon!
    >
    >CM

    I will have to second that, but I have 8 purchases. I wonder if I am
    just feeding the program.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>youknowwhere.com

    Wild Coyote, Feb 29, 2004

  3. CSM

    Justin Guest

    Wild Coyote wrote on [Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:12:01 -0700]:
    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:45:44 GMT, "CSM" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Geez,
    >>
    >>I can't believe how addicted I've become to DVD Profiler. I'm not sure I
    >>don't buy movies just to feed the program. I've got two new purchases to
    >>add and feel like a fish out of water. Hope its back soon!
    >>
    >>CM
    >>

    > I will have to second that, but I have 8 purchases. I wonder if I am
    > just feeding the program.

    I'm right there too, prolly about 15 discs to add

    Justin, Feb 29, 2004
  4. CSM

    Beowulf Guest

    Wild Coyote <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:45:44 GMT, "CSM" <> wrote:
    >
    > >Geez,
    > >
    > >I can't believe how addicted I've become to DVD Profiler. I'm not sure I
    > >don't buy movies just to feed the program. I've got two new purchases to
    > >add and feel like a fish out of water. Hope its back soon!
    > >
    > >CM
    > >

    > I will have to second that, but I have 8 purchases. I wonder if I am
    > just feeding the program.

    I'll have to third that. DVD profiler is the hub.. the informational
    nexus of my DVD buying activities. I export the data in XML then Parse
    it to CSV using an XML parser (Saxon if you're interested) and a XSL
    Stylesheet file. This CSV I upload with Excel to MobileDB for PalmOS
    (with me so far?) so I have a DB of all my 400+ movies with me when I
    go shopping. Haven't bought a dupe once since I started doing this.

    If the worst comes to the worst and IVS / DVD profiler was not to
    return, Some bright spark would have to write some sort of Peer to
    Peer Database system. DVD Profiler is Written in Borland Delphi and
    uses DBIsam as it's background database. I've managed to write a
    little program to decrypt the raw data and export to various formats..
    I'ts beyond my ken, but I'm sure it would be possible to share our
    local databases globally if the company folded .. Like Kazaa but
    without all the porn!

    Not ruling out IVS from a comeback yet though, think they're doing a
    grand job with a great product. But should the worst coem to the worst
    there would still be a usable path available to all the DVD profiler
    users.

    Pete

    Beowulf, Mar 2, 2004
  5. CSM

    Justin Guest

    Beowulf wrote on [2 Mar 2004 04:55:17 -0800]:
    > Wild Coyote <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:45:44 GMT, "CSM" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Geez,
    >> >
    >> >I can't believe how addicted I've become to DVD Profiler. I'm not sure I
    >> >don't buy movies just to feed the program. I've got two new purchases to
    >> >add and feel like a fish out of water. Hope its back soon!
    >> >
    >> >CM
    >> >

    >> I will have to second that, but I have 8 purchases. I wonder if I am
    >> just feeding the program.

    > I'll have to third that. DVD profiler is the hub.. the informational
    > nexus of my DVD buying activities. I export the data in XML then Parse
    > it to CSV using an XML parser (Saxon if you're interested) and a XSL
    > Stylesheet file. This CSV I upload with Excel to MobileDB for PalmOS
    > (with me so far?) so I have a DB of all my 400+ movies with me when I
    > go shopping. Haven't bought a dupe once since I started doing this.

    Why not just export directly to CSV?

    Justin, Mar 2, 2004
  6. CSM

    lrulan Guest

    Did anybody have any incling that this site was going down for
    'maintenance'? Did any of the web masters mention anything about it?

    --

    Irulan
    from now until the end of time

    lrulan, Mar 2, 2004
  7. CSM

    Justin Guest

    lrulan wrote on [Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:18:33 -0500]:
    > Did anybody have any incling that this site was going down for
    > 'maintenance'? Did any of the web masters mention anything about it?

    They had some hardware issues I hear.

    Of course, the "page" they have up now promotes itself as file-type ""
    so Mozilla won't show it as HTML.

    Broken IE will though.

    Justin, Mar 2, 2004