    page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else having trouble with
    this?

    AceoHearts
    AceoHearts, Feb 27, 2004

  2. AceoHearts

    d a v e Guest

    "AceoHearts" <> wrote in message
    news:N1w%b.50874$...
    > Did the site disappear? I have tried to add movies to my collection for a
    > day or 2 but I can't connect to the site. Then earlier I tried going to

    the
    > page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else having trouble with
    > this?

    si
    d a v e, Feb 27, 2004

  3. AceoHearts

    Haans Guest

    > Did the site disappear? I have tried to add movies to my collection for a
    > day or 2 but I can't connect to the site. Then earlier I tried going to

    the
    > page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else having trouble with
    > this?
    >
    > AceoHearts

    Yep. Both www.dvdprofiler.com and www.intervocative.com are down. Hope
    they're not out of business. Would be a crying shame.
    Haans, Feb 27, 2004
  4. AceoHearts

    ChrisK Guest

    Same here..

    ChrisK, Feb 27, 2004
  5. AceoHearts

    ChrisK Guest

    Just noticed this on Home Theater Forum:

    "probably too many visitors due to that NY Times article "

    ChrisK, Feb 27, 2004
  6. AceoHearts

    Justin Guest

    ChrisK wrote on [Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:52:27 GMT]:
    > Just noticed this on Home Theater Forum:
    >
    > "probably too many visitors due to that NY Times article "

    solid
    Justin, Feb 27, 2004
  7. AceoHearts

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:52:27 GMT, "ChrisK" <>
    wrote:

    >Just noticed this on Home Theater Forum:
    >
    >"probably too many visitors due to that NY Times article "
    >

    >"AceoHearts" <> wrote in message
    >> Did the site disappear? I have tried to add movies to my collection for a
    >> day or 2 but I can't connect to the site. Then earlier I tried going to

    >the
    >> page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else having trouble with
    >> this?
    >>
    >> AceoHearts

    I hope that is all it is. It is frustrating.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>youknowwhere.com
    Wild Coyote, Feb 27, 2004
  8. "ChrisK" <> wrote in message
    > Just noticed this on Home Theater Forum:
    >
    > "probably too many visitors due to that NY Times article "

    Please feel me in. I missed that one.

    Thanks,
    Robert
    Robert D. Mahan, Feb 27, 2004
  9. AceoHearts

    Justin Guest

    Robert D. Mahan wrote on [Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:46:46 -0600]:

    > "ChrisK" <> wrote in message
    >> Just noticed this on Home Theater Forum:
    >>
    >> "probably too many visitors due to that NY Times article "
    >>

    > Please feel me in. I missed that one.

    feel you in where?
    Justin, Feb 27, 2004
  10. AceoHearts

    Justin, Feb 27, 2004
  11. AceoHearts

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:18:53 GMT, "AceoHearts" <>
    wrote:

    >Did the site disappear? I have tried to add movies to my collection for a
    >day or 2 but I can't connect to the site. Then earlier I tried going to the
    >page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else having trouble with
    >this?
    >
    >AceoHearts

    Any new word on what is going with the site?

    Wild Coyote, Feb 27, 2004
  12. AceoHearts

    Bob Bohling Guest

    I have had the same problem. This has happened a few times over the years,
    but they are usually back and running within
    a week. Don't know if they are doing maintenance, or what, but it happens
    at least once a year.

    Bob Bohling, Feb 28, 2004
  13. AceoHearts

    Lithurge Guest

    "Bob Bohling" <rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote
    in news:_B40c.425480$xy6.2489692@attbi_s02:

    > I have had the same problem. This has happened a few times
    > over the years, but they are usually back and running
    > within a week. Don't know if they are doing maintenance,
    > or what, but it happens at least once a year.
    >

    > "Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:18:53 GMT, "AceoHearts"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Did the site disappear? I have tried to add movies to my
    >> >collection for

    >> >day or 2 but I can't connect to the site. Then earlier I
    >> >tried going to

    > the
    >> >page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else
    >> >having trouble with this?
    >> >
    >> >AceoHearts
    >> >

    >> Any new word on what is going with the site?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>
    >> Wild Coyote
    >> wild_coyote<AT>youknowwhere.com

    |From the Home Theatre Forum (via DV-Depot forums)

    'Over on HTF Ken Cole from InterVocative Software posted the
    following.

    Thanks for your concern. I have good news and bad news. The
    good news is that it's not bankruptcy - IVS as a company is
    alive and well. The bad news is that it's not the NYT article
    - just incredibly bad timing for a hardware failure. Couple
    this with a comedy of errors involving our servers and ISPs,
    and we have the downtime as a result. I had held off
    responding, hoping to have a resolution timeframe to post,
    but unfortunately, I still don't have confidence enough to
    make any specific promises.'
    Lithurge, Feb 28, 2004
  14. AceoHearts

    Wild Coyote Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:55:06 GMT, "Bob Bohling"
    <rbohling437@comcast{NOSPAMALLOWED}.net> wrote:

    >I have had the same problem. This has happened a few times over the years,
    >but they are usually back and running within
    >a week. Don't know if they are doing maintenance, or what, but it happens
    >at least once a year.
    >

    >"Wild Coyote" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:18:53 GMT, "AceoHearts" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Did the site disappear? I have tried to add movies to my collection for

    >> >day or 2 but I can't connect to the site. Then earlier I tried going to

    >the
    >> >page and got a cannot find server error. Anyone else having trouble with
    >> >this?
    >> >
    >> >AceoHearts
    >> >

    >> Any new word on what is going with the site?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Still Howlin' at the Moon!
    >>
    >> Wild Coyote
    >> wild_coyote<AT>youknowwhere.com

    Thanks for the info Bob.

    --
    Still Howlin' at the Moon!

    Wild Coyote
    wild_coyote<AT>whoppermail.com
    Wild Coyote, Feb 28, 2004
  15. AceoHearts

    Cyclograph Guest

    On 28 Feb 2004 19:58:57 GMT, Lithurge <>
    wrote:

    >|From the Home Theatre Forum (via DV-Depot forums)
    >
    >'Over on HTF Ken Cole from InterVocative Software posted the
    >following.
    >
    >Thanks for your concern. I have good news and bad news. The
    >good news is that it's not bankruptcy - IVS as a company is
    >alive and well. The bad news is that it's not the NYT article
    >- just incredibly bad timing for a hardware failure. Couple
    >this with a comedy of errors involving our servers and ISPs,
    >and we have the downtime as a result. I had held off
    >responding, hoping to have a resolution timeframe to post,
    >but unfortunately, I still don't have confidence enough to
    >make any specific promises.'

    Another update posted on HTF today:

    <http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=186700&perpage=30&display=&pagenumber=4>

    "Hi, yes I'm the Jesse Slicer of InterVocative Software. I'll cut
    right to the chase. Our server got hit hard with some strange network
    resource-consuming something or another. The web is not functioning,
    our email is not functioning, FTP is not functioning and our remote
    administration is not functioning.

    We are working closely with the very helpful folks at SkyNetWEB and
    they determined that we need to reinstall the operating system. The
    good news is that it is on a completely different physical drive than
    all of our data and you can rest assured that none of the web or
    collection data is affected.

    With response to John St, our server is not co-located with them yet.
    We have a dedicated server with them but within a month will have a
    much better co-located server designed from the ground-up to scale
    very well with respect to the future of DVD Profiler and other
    products we have plans for.

    Apologies to everyone for any downtime and we hope to have everything
    smooth again in the next day or two. We'll be playing catch-up on a
    bunch of stuff this weekend, so I thank you in advance for your
    patience. "

    --
    To reply via email: this ID @<a well known service related to yodeling>.com
    Cyclograph, Mar 3, 2004