    Any suggestions on adding my new DVDs? Does anyone know what has happened?
    Paul
    San Francisco, CA
    Paul Beck, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Paul Beck

    Justin Guest

    Paul Beck wrote on [Thu, 04 Mar 2004 03:20:17 GMT]:
    > Have been trying to enter new DVDs to my DVD Profiler database since Monday,
    > I continually get the message:
    > "Temporarily Unavailable. DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we
    > perform routine maintenance. Please check back in a few minutes."
    > This message has been on at least since Monday, March 1, 2004.
    > It seems you need to be online to add the DVDs. I've been a paid customer
    > for several years and this is the first time it has been down this long.
    > Any suggestions on adding my new DVDs? Does anyone know what has happened?
    > Paul
    > San Francisco, CA

    So, did you even read the group before posting?

    http://tinyurl.com/2hw69
    Justin, Mar 4, 2004

  3. Justin wrote:
    > Paul Beck wrote:
    >> It seems you need to be online to add the DVDs. I've been a paid
    >> customer for several years and this is the first time it has been down
    >> this long. Any suggestions on adding my new DVDs? Does anyone know what
    >> has happened?

    > So, did you even read the group before posting?
    > http://tinyurl.com/2hw69

    In the meantime, you can enter DVDs manually by unchecking the "Download
    profile from IVS" box at the bottom of the "Add DVDs..." dialogue box. You
    won't get the information from the profile, but the disc will get added,
    and you can update the profile once the servers are back up.

    doug

    --
    "This week dragged past me so slowly; the days fell on their knees..."
    --David Bowie
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Paul Beck

    djskyler Guest

    Posted in the Home Theater Forum on Feb. 28:

    "Hi, yes I'm the Jesse Slicer of InterVocative Software. I'll cut
    right to the chase. Our server got hit hard with some strange network
    resource-consuming something or another. The web is not functioning,
    our email is not functioning, FTP is not functioning and our remote
    administration is not functioning.

    We are working closely with the very helpful folks at SkyNetWEB and
    they determined that we need to reinstall the operating system. The
    good news is that it is on a completely different physical drive than
    all of our data and you can rest assured that none of the web or
    collection data is affected.

    With response to John St, our server is not co-located with them yet.
    We have a dedicated server with them but within a month will have a
    much better co-located server designed from the ground-up to scale
    very well with respect to the future of DVD Profiler and other
    products we have plans for.

    Apologies to everyone for any downtime and we hope to have everything
    smooth again in the next day or two. We'll be playing catch-up on a
    bunch of stuff this weekend, so I thank you in advance for your
    patience. "
    djskyler, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Paul Beck

    sanpablo Guest

    >So, did you even read the group before posting?

    Always so helpful, eh?!
    sanpablo, Mar 4, 2004
  6. sanpablo wrote:
    > Justin wrote:

    >> So, did you even read the group before posting?
    >>

    > Always so helpful, eh?!

    What's unhelpful? Justin posted a link to the ongoing discussion on this
    very subject: it seemed a very helpful reply to me.

    doug

    --
    "Research has pierced all extremes of my sex; call it a day..."
    --David Bowie
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Paul Beck

    Justin Guest

    sanpablo wrote on [Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:18:04 GMT]:

    >>So, did you even read the group before posting?
    >>

    > Always so helpful, eh?!

    I provided a link to the article that was posted not 2 hours before this
    person asked their question.
    Justin, Mar 5, 2004
  8. Paul Beck

    Jim Wright Guest

    Hi Jesse/InterVocative Software team,

    Seems like it would be a good idea to post *something* about this on
    your webpage. It is unlikely that many of your customers are going to
    see a post in the newsgroups. If you can say that you are "temporarily
    unavailable" on your page then I would assume you could post some
    message there. Saying to check back in a few minutes for so long now
    seems a little ridiculous when you acknowledge that it will still be a
    day or two. Anyway, that is just my 2 cents.

    Keep up the good work on dvd profiler. I appreciate it.

    Jim

    Jim Wright, Mar 5, 2004
  9. Now there is new message at www.profiler.com

    DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable. We experienced a serious
    hardware failure and are working to resolve the issue.

    Our new servers are in place and in the process of configuration and
    restore. As portions are reinstated and tested, they will become available.

    Restore of full functionality is expected by end of day Monday.

    Thank you for your patience and concern. Please be assured we are taking
    the necessary steps to prevent future service interruptions.
    Reima Heimoen, Mar 5, 2004
  10. Paul Beck

    Stan Jensen Guest

    I didn't see that message at www.profiler.com

    *However,* I did see it at www.dvdprofiler.com :)

    Boy, when it goes back up, it's going to be flooded by all of us that are
    users, as we download the updates and info for our newly purchased DVDs.

    Stan Jensen, Mar 6, 2004
  11. Paul Beck

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:10:33 GMT, Stan Jensen <>
    Gave us:

    >I didn't see that message at www.profiler.com
    >
    >*However,* I did see it at www.dvdprofiler.com :)
    >
    >Boy, when it goes back up, it's going to be flooded by all of us that are
    >users, as we download the updates and info for our newly purchased DVDs.

    Jeez. What a bunch of losers.
    DarkMatter, Mar 6, 2004
  12. Paul Beck

    Stan Brown Guest

    It seems "DarkMatter" wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:10:33 GMT, Stan Jensen <>
    >Gave us:
    >>Boy, when it goes back up, it's going to be flooded by all of us that are
    >>users, as we download the updates and info for our newly purchased DVDs.

    > Jeez. What a bunch of losers.

    Not "Dark", perhaps, but certainly dim.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Stan Brown, Mar 6, 2004
  13. Paul Beck

    Lithurge Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > sanpablo wrote on [Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:18:04 GMT]:
    >>

    >>>So, did you even read the group before posting?
    >>>

    >> Always so helpful, eh?!

    > I provided a link to the article that was posted not 2
    > hours before this person asked their question.

    Why do you assume that all articles make it to all peoples
    newservers?
    Lithurge, Mar 6, 2004
  14. Lithurge wrote:
    > Justin wrote in

    >> I provided a link to the article that was posted not 2 hours before this
    >> person asked their question.

    > Why do you assume that all articles make it to all peoples newservers?

    The link Justin posted was to Google, accessible to anyone with a browser,
    so there was no need for the specific article to have made it to the OP's
    news server.

    And though that particular article might only have been a few hours old at
    the time of Justin's reply, and might not have propagated to the OP's
    server, the thread that Justin linked to has been running since 26 February
    2004 and had 22 articles dated before the first post in this thread. If the
    OP had bothered to look for "DVD Profiler" before posting, he'd have seen
    the existing thread.

    doug

    --
    "I remember, I remember, making the body search..."
    --Wire
    Douglas Bailey, Mar 6, 2004
  15. Paul Beck

    Justin Guest

    Lithurge wrote on [6 Mar 2004 17:26:53 GMT]:
    > Justin <> wrote in

    >>> Always so helpful, eh?!

    >> I provided a link to the article that was posted not 2
    >> hours before this person asked their question.
    >>

    > Why do you assume that all articles make it to all peoples
    > newservers?

    There have been multiple posts in multiple threads regarding this issues
    since late February. At least ONE of those should have made it to their
    server, and if they didn't then they need a new news provider.
    Justin, Mar 6, 2004