    suggestion in what can i do to play them

    TIA

    ste

    STEPHEN, Mar 1, 2010

  2. STEPHEN

    JD Guest

    On 01/03/2010 10:34 PM, STEPHEN wrote:
    > cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
    > suggestion in what can i do to play them
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > ste

    What OS/version of windows are you using?
    what software are you using to play the dvd's ?

    JD

    JD, Mar 2, 2010

  3. STEPHEN

    Paul Guest

    STEPHEN wrote:
    > cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
    > suggestion in what can i do to play them
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > ste

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VIDEO

    "require a DVD drive and a MPEG-2 decoder"

    MPEG2 decoding might not be provided with the OS. Microsoft says
    you need a CODEC that can decode MPEG2 in order to watch DVDs.
    You may have installed a separate piece of software, and that
    software is reporting "DVD-video as expired".

    However, you could look around for an application that claims
    to support MPEG2, and do it that way.

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 2, 2010
  4. STEPHEN

    JD Guest

    On 02/03/2010 2:34 AM, Paul wrote:
    > STEPHEN wrote:
    >> cant play any DVD-Video's. all, it says "DVD-video as expired" any
    >> suggestion in what can i do to play them
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> ste

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-VIDEO
    >
    > "require a DVD drive and a MPEG-2 decoder"
    >
    > MPEG2 decoding might not be provided with the OS. Microsoft says
    > you need a CODEC that can decode MPEG2 in order to watch DVDs.
    > You may have installed a separate piece of software, and that
    > software is reporting "DVD-video as expired".
    >
    > However, you could look around for an application that claims
    > to support MPEG2, and do it that way.
    >
    > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >
    > Paul

    if your looking for a free DVD/Movie file player then CCCP (Combined
    Community Codec Pack) is excellent, it comes with zoom player and MPC
    (media player classic) so far I haven't found a format it cannot play,
    it can even play DVD ISO's without unpacking them.

    www.cccp-project.net

    JD

    JD, Mar 2, 2010
  5. STEPHEN

    STEPHEN Guest

    I have got windows XP and and microsoft media

    STEPHEN, Mar 2, 2010