DVD Problem: Burner, Player, of software?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by mesmeric85@hotmail.com, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Nero is burning wrong or if my Zenith DVD Player is having a problem
    reading DVD+R blanks to which Nero has burned various avi, mpeg, or
    whatever files so I can watch the DVDs on my TV throught the DVD
    Player. Please look at the specs for my Zenith DVD Player and let me
    know if there's problem with using DVD+R blanks, burned by Nero's
    BURNING ROM, and watched on this Player--

    Zenith DVB216 Progressive-Scan DVD Player

    Technical data

    Progressive Scan DVD Player : Yes
    Digital Coax Output? : Yes
    Digital Optical Output? : Yes
    Component Video Output? : Yes
    RF Coax A/V Output? : No
    Shuttle Control : Yes
    Formats Supported : DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, DVD-Video, CD-Audio
    Number of Discs : 1
    Number Composite (RCA) Outputs : 1
    Number S-Video Outputs : 1
    Remote : Multi-Component
    Dolby Digital (AC3) Decoding Built In? : No
    Parental Controls : No
    Warranty Parts : 12 Months
    Warranty Labor : 3 Months

    I've been using DVD+R blanks, burning with Nero, and recently, when I
    go to my TV to use my DVD Player, I'll be watching the movie, all is
    going well, and then there's a pause, longer and longer pauses, then
    skips, skipping, and even skipping to the end of the DVD. Overall, the
    DVD show is ruined by the pauses, skips, and jumps. I don't know if
    it's Nero BURNING ROM that's having the problems, my DVD Burner, i.e.
    hp DVD Writer 400c, or the Zenith DVD Player (specs above). Please
    help. This is why I was going to ask for a refund on Nero but they've
    told me to remove all other burning software like InterVideo, and I
    did, they gave me a software to clean my system of any DVD stuff that'd
    interfer with Nero, and still I can't use my DVD Player after a burn
    without skips, pauses, and jumps, but--BUT--if I PLAY a commercial DVD,
    no problem. The problem is with only DVD recorded material. So either
    my DVD Player is having problems reading the burned formats and/or I'm
    using the wrong DVD blanks, DVD+R instead of DVD-R. But the one time I
    tried to use DVD-R blanks, I couldn't get my DVD burning software to
    even acknowledge the blanks.

    P.S. How can I get Nero to burn to DVD-R blanks? How can I find out
    if my Zenith DVD Player is rejecting the DVD+R blanks. The infor on my
    Zenith Player doesn't indicate DVD+R abilities. So, what do I do since
    I have this Zenith DVD Player, use Nero burning software, and have an
    hp DVD Writer 400c drive?
    , Nov 30, 2005

  2. Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > The problem is with only DVD recorded material. So either
    > my DVD Player is having problems reading the burned formats and/or I'm
    > using the wrong DVD blanks, DVD+R instead of DVD-R. But the one time I
    > tried to use DVD-R blanks, I couldn't get my DVD burning software to
    > even acknowledge the blanks.

    But none of that actually said -- which is your burner SUPPOSED to use
    (in it's own description or manual)?

    And I didn't see any mention of what SPEED you are burning -- have you
    tried burning the discs at a lower speed?
    Some people in here have said it's smart to use a lower speed all the
    time.
    Mitch, Nov 30, 2005