    color on my tv--I watch tv or videoes just fine in color but any movie
    I put in the dvd player only plays in black and white. Very strange.

    , May 30, 2006

  2. wrote:

    >Has anyone ever had any experience with the color going out on their
    >DVD player. I've had this DVD player for a few years and then
    >yesterday the color suddenly went out. Now all my dvd's play in black
    >and white only. It doesn't have anything to do with adjusting the
    >color on my tv--I watch tv or videoes just fine in color but any movie
    >I put in the dvd player only plays in black and white. Very strange.

    Go into the player's setup menu and make sure it's set for the kind of
    connection you're actually using (component, S-video, composite).

    Kimba W. Lion, May 30, 2006

  3. Tom Guest

    wrote in news:1148945489.597832.288140
    @i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > Has anyone ever had any experience with the color going out on their
    > DVD player. I've had this DVD player for a few years and then
    > yesterday the color suddenly went out. Now all my dvd's play in black
    > and white only. It doesn't have anything to do with adjusting the
    > color on my tv--I watch tv or videoes just fine in color but any movie
    > I put in the dvd player only plays in black and white. Very strange.

    Had the same problem once. Bent pin in the S-video cable.

    Tom, May 30, 2006
  4. Guest

    If you're using the s-video connection make sure the plug is fully
    inserted.My s-video cable loosened on the back of my tv after I had
    moved it causing me to get a b/w picture.After I pushed the plug back in
    the color was restored!

    , May 31, 2006
  5. Guest

    wrote:
    > If you're using the s-video connection make sure the plug is fully
    > inserted.My s-video cable loosened on the back of my tv after I had
    > moved it causing me to get a b/w picture.After I pushed the plug back in
    > the color was restored!

    That's exactly what the problem was. Thanks everyone for your
    assistance.

    , Jun 1, 2006
  6. monkey

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Problem solved

    >Has anyone ever had any experience with the color going out on their
    >DVD player. I've had this DVD player for a few years and then
    >yesterday the color suddenly went out. Now all my dvd's play in black
    >and white only. It doesn't have anything to do with adjusting the
    >color on my tv--I watch tv or videoes just fine in color but any movie
    >I put in the dvd player only plays in black and white. Very strange.[/color]

    Go into the player's setup menu and make sure it's set for the kind of
    connection you're actually using (component, S-video, composite).[/QUOTE]

    I had the same problem - this fixed it straight away! Thanks

    monkey, Jun 25, 2009