dvd players that will play "computer" files

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by dogbreath, Jun 6, 2007.

  1. dogbreath

    dogbreath Guest

    hello and greets to the group

    i am looking for a dvd player that will be able to play .avi files as well
    as mpeg video files (like music video that have been downloaded from the
    net) and windows media files (.wmv files)

    are the newer models capable of doing all that plus playing dvds as well or
    is this a kind of feature that you really need to hunt for when wanting to
    by a dvd player...

    (power wise, i am using 120V AC)

    for jokes and jollies i tried best buy.....the humanoid had the deer in the
    head lights look.....

    i thought i saw a couple of jlistdotcom that might be useable but was not
    totally sure....

    any assistance would be gratefully appreciated!!

    thanks to all in advance!!!!

    dogbreath, Jun 6, 2007

  2. dogbreath

    Mike S. Guest

    In article <>,
    dogbreath <> wrote:
    >hello and greets to the group
    >
    >i am looking for a dvd player that will be able to play .avi files as well
    >as mpeg video files (like music video that have been downloaded from the
    >net) and windows media files (.wmv files)
    >
    >are the newer models capable of doing all that plus playing dvds as well or
    >is this a kind of feature that you really need to hunt for when wanting to
    >by a dvd player...
    >
    >(power wise, i am using 120V AC)
    >
    >for jokes and jollies i tried best buy.....the humanoid had the deer in the
    >head lights look.....
    >
    >i thought i saw a couple of jlistdotcom that might be useable but was not
    >totally sure....
    >
    >any assistance would be gratefully appreciated!!
    >
    >thanks to all in advance!!!!

    Go to www.videohelp.com or www.divx.com and look for DIVX-certified
    players. These will play most MPEG files, including MPEG-4 in .AVI
    wrappers.

    Mike S., Jun 6, 2007

  3. "dogbreath" <> writes:
    >hello and greets to the group
    >
    >i am looking for a dvd player that will be able to play .avi files as well
    >as mpeg video files (like music video that have been downloaded from the
    >net) and windows media files (.wmv files)

    Buffalo LinkTheatre.

    scott

    Scott Lurndal, Jun 6, 2007
  4. dogbreath

    dgates Guest

    On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 19:48:58 -0400, "dogbreath"
    <> wrote:

    >hello and greets to the group
    >
    >i am looking for a dvd player that will be able to play .avi files as well
    >as mpeg video files (like music video that have been downloaded from the
    >net) and windows media files (.wmv files)
    >
    >are the newer models capable of doing all that plus playing dvds as well or
    >is this a kind of feature that you really need to hunt for when wanting to
    >by a dvd player...
    >
    >(power wise, i am using 120V AC)
    >
    >for jokes and jollies i tried best buy.....the humanoid had the deer in the
    >head lights look.....
    >
    >i thought i saw a couple of jlistdotcom that might be useable but was not
    >totally sure....
    >
    >any assistance would be gratefully appreciated!!
    >
    >thanks to all in advance!!!!

    A couple Oppo models.
    A couple Philips models.
    Maybe a Toshiba model.
    Probably something else too.

    Probably nothing for WMV though. Here's what I posted the last time
    someone was asking:

    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.video.dvd.players/browse_frm/thread/963c8399722ab53a

    dgates, Jun 6, 2007