    viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.

    The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005

  2. Rod Speed

    Hedgehog Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    > play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.
    >
    > Preferably something cheapish
    >
    > Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    > file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    > player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.
    >
    > These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    > viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with
    > them.
    >
    > The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    > player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    I wont call you a stupid usless gutless fuckwhit like you would do to others
    But you ever herd of GOOGLE ????????????????????

    To convert a DVR-MS file to other formats supported by Digital Media
    Converter you require:

    1. A Windows XP PC ( SP 2 )

    2. DirectX 9C
    Download Link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2

    3. Elecard MPEG 2 Decoder
    Download Link:
    www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/decoder/EMpgDec20.zip

    4. Windows Media Player 9 or higher

    If you are using DCCHECK (decoder diagnostic utility) then make sure that
    you have set Elecard as the preferred decoder.

    For more details on Converting DVR-MS files, you may find our article
    useful:

    http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_DVRMS.aspx

    Hedgehog, Mar 24, 2005

  3. On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:51:06 +0800, "Hedgehog" <>
    wrote:

    >"Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    >> play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.
    >>
    >> Preferably something cheapish
    >>
    >> Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    >> file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    >> player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.
    >>
    >> These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    >> viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with
    >> them.
    >>
    >> The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    >> player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.
    >>

    >I wont call you a stupid usless gutless fuckwhit like you would do to others
    >But you ever herd of GOOGLE ????????????????????

    I will not make a big deal about your mis-spelling of "fuckwit"
    Or, for that matter "heard".

    Nevertheless, I see this forum as a place for the less-enlightened to
    ask reasonable questions. And, on occasion, get an informative reply.
    A shame that we have so many "superior" posters who were born with all
    of the answers.
    But, then, what would we do without them?

    No wuckers.....post your Flames, here. I won't see them.

    >To convert a DVR-MS file to other formats supported by Digital Media
    >Converter you require:
    >
    >1. A Windows XP PC ( SP 2 )
    >
    >2. DirectX 9C
    >Download Link:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2
    >
    >3. Elecard MPEG 2 Decoder
    >Download Link:
    >www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/decoder/EMpgDec20.zip
    >
    >4. Windows Media Player 9 or higher
    >
    >If you are using DCCHECK (decoder diagnostic utility) then make sure that
    >you have set Elecard as the preferred decoder.
    >
    >For more details on Converting DVR-MS files, you may find our article
    >useful:
    >
    >http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_DVRMS.aspx

    brianWE
    Please ignore any advice I offer...
    if I was smart, I wouldn't be talking to you.

    brian w edginton, Mar 24, 2005
  4. Rod Speed

    fred Guest

    No but he might of "heard" of google.

    fred, Mar 24, 2005
  5. Rod Speed

    Thor Guest

    fred wrote:

    > No but he might of "heard" of google.

    If you are going to be that flaming pedantic look at your own grammar
    it's "might have heard of google."
    ^^^^

    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~Thor

    Thor, Mar 24, 2005
  6. Re: DVD player that will play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly or fastconverter

    Thor wrote:

    > fred wrote:
    >

    >>No but he might of "heard" of google.
    >>

    > If you are going to be that flaming pedantic look at your own grammar
    > it's "might have heard of google."
    > ^^^^

    :) What a thread this is... brings out the ... in all of us..

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=F2g_mo_th=F2in?=, Mar 24, 2005
  7. Rod Speed

    dvk Guest

    "Hedgehog" <> wrote in message

    > I wont call you a stupid usless gutless fuckwhit like you would do to

    others
    > But you ever herd of GOOGLE ????????????????????

    Wow. Kid, talk about emotional scars. Just bawl your eyes out.

    This group is hilarious.

    dvk, Mar 24, 2005
  8. Rod Speed

    Joe Guest

    There is no such standalone player, at any price.

    Joe, Mar 24, 2005
  9. Rod Speed

    Ken Oaf Guest

    On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:19:53 +1100, "Rod Speed" <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    > play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.
    >
    > Preferably something cheapish
    >
    > Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    > file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    > player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.
    >
    > These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    > viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.
    >
    > The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    > player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    Thought about a Zensonic Z400? It still needs the PC but it will play pretty
    well anything.

    Ken Oaf, Mar 24, 2005
  10. Rod Speed

    FruitLoop Guest

    "dvk" <> wrote in message

    > "Hedgehog" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > I wont call you a stupid usless gutless fuckwhit like you would do to

    > others
    > > But you ever herd of GOOGLE ????????????????????

    > Wow. Kid, talk about emotional scars. Just bawl your eyes out.
    >
    > This group is hilariouS

    Lifes like that , pecking orders are being clearly defined and moved around
    , much like the economics that drives our lives .Strap yourself in for the
    ride of your life .........

    FruitLoop, Mar 24, 2005
  11. Rod Speed

    Rick Guest

    "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > fred wrote:
    >
    >> No but he might of "heard" of google.
    >>

    > If you are going to be that flaming pedantic look at your own grammar
    > it's "might have heard of google."
    > ^^^^

    Butt the kids in skool ar not tort to speek proper or no watt wurds to usse
    in the rite waye! Eminem Rulez, OK?

    Rick, Mar 24, 2005
  12. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Hedgehog <> wrote in message
    > Rod Speed <> wrote

    >> I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    >> play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.

    >> Preferably something cheapish

    >> Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    >> file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    >> player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.

    >> These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    >> viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.

    >> The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    >> player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    > I wont call you a stupid usless gutless fuckwhit like you would do to others
    > But you ever herd of GOOGLE ????????????????????

    Corse I used it. It isnt great for that particular sort of question
    tho, particularly a very fast converter on a lower horsepower cpu.

    > To convert a DVR-MS file to other formats supported by Digital Media Converter
    > you require:

    > 1. A Windows XP PC ( SP 2 )

    Nope, tho I do have that anyway.

    > 2. DirectX 9C
    > Download Link:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2

    Nope, tho I do have that anyway.

    > 3. Elecard MPEG 2 Decoder
    > Download Link:
    > www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/decoder/EMpgDec20.zip

    > 4. Windows Media Player 9 or higher

    Nope, tho I do have that anyway.

    > If you are using DCCHECK (decoder diagnostic utility) then make sure that you
    > have set Elecard as the preferred decoder.

    > For more details on Converting DVR-MS files, you may find our article useful:

    > http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_DVRMS.aspx

    That one didnt show up on a quick look with google.

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  13. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Joe <> wrote in message

    > There is no such standalone player, at any price.

    OK, mine does play quite a few file formats and
    says that FEW will play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly,
    so I assumed that it was saying that some do.

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  14. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    "Ken Oaf" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:19:53 +1100, "Rod Speed" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    >> play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.
    >>
    >> Preferably something cheapish
    >>
    >> Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    >> file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    >> player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.
    >>
    >> These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    >> viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.
    >>
    >> The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    >> player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    > Thought about a Zensonic Z400? It still needs
    > the PC but it will play pretty well anything.

    Thats the one I had seen quite a while ago, and then forgot the details of.

    But http://www.zensonic.com/z400_specs.php
    says that the video supported is

    Video MPEG1 .dat/.mpg/.mpeg VCD, VCR
    MPEG2 .mpg/.mpeg/.vob DVD
    MPEG4 (Xvid) .avi Xvid
    MPEG4 (QuickTime) .mp4 QuickTime

    My current DVD player supports at least .mpeg and .avi and likely .vob too,
    but that doesnt help with the .dvr-ms or .ts the card can produce does it ?
    Or am I having a brain fart ?

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  15. Rod Speed

    Clockmeister Guest

    ?
    > Or am I having a brain fart ?

    I haven't heard of any player that supports .dvr-ms or .ts only those you
    listed above plus divx. Maybe there is another newsgroup that will likely
    yield better answers to that specific question.

    Clockmeister, Mar 24, 2005
  16. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    "Clockmeister" <> wrote in message

    > "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ken Oaf" <> wrote in message

    > normally

    > them.

    >> > Thought about a Zensonic Z400? It still needs
    >> > the PC but it will play pretty well anything.

    >> Thats the one I had seen quite a while ago, and then forgot the details

    > of.
    >>
    >> But http://www.zensonic.com/z400_specs.php
    >> says that the video supported is
    >>
    >> Video MPEG1 .dat/.mpg/.mpeg VCD, VCR
    >> MPEG2 .mpg/.mpeg/.vob DVD
    >> MPEG4 (Xvid) .avi Xvid
    >> MPEG4 (QuickTime) .mp4 QuickTime
    >>

    >> My current DVD player supports at least .mpeg and .avi and likely .vob

    > too,
    >> but that doesnt help with the .dvr-ms or .ts the card can produce does it

    > ?
    >> Or am I having a brain fart ?

    > I haven't heard of any player that supports .dvr-ms
    > or .ts only those you listed above plus divx.

    Yeah, me neither, which is why I asked, since my
    dvd player appears to hint that some can do that.
    http://www.neodigits.com/support/kb/detail.asp?iFaq=70&iType=7

    > Maybe there is another newsgroup that will likely
    > yield better answers to that specific question.

    Yeah, thats why I included a couple of dvd groups
    and I've also asked in a couple of forums as well.

    Havent got anyone saying that a particular DVD player can
    play them yet, so likely fast conversion will be the best.
    http://www.xpmce.com/forum/ftopic91565-0.html
    looks very promising on that, thats plenty fast enough.

    Rod Speed, Mar 24, 2005
  17. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Rod Speed <> wrote in
    message news:...

    > I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    > play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.

    > Preferably something cheapish

    > Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    > file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    > player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.

    > These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    > viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.

    > The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    > player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    Turns out that HDTVtoMPEG is free and very decent and very fast.

    No docs at all, but its all pretty obvious, the only less than completely
    obvious thing about it is that you have to select a channel to convert.

    It can strip bits of the .ts file like the ads too if you want to do that.

    Rod Speed, Mar 25, 2005
  18. Rod Speed

    Hedgehog Guest

    "Rod Speed" <> wrote in message

    > Hedgehog <> wrote in message
    >> Rod Speed <> wrote

    >>> I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    >>> play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.

    >>> Preferably something cheapish

    >>> Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    >>> file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    >>> player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.

    >>> These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    >>> viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with
    >>> them.

    >>> The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    >>> player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    >> I wont call you a stupid usless gutless fuckwhit like you would do to
    >> others
    >> But you ever herd of GOOGLE ????????????????????

    > Corse I used it. It isnt great for that particular sort of question
    > tho, particularly a very fast converter on a lower horsepower cpu.
    >
    >> To convert a DVR-MS file to other formats supported by Digital Media
    >> Converter you require:

    >> 1. A Windows XP PC ( SP 2 )

    > Nope, tho I do have that anyway.
    >
    >> 2. DirectX 9C
    >> Download Link:
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2

    > Nope, tho I do have that anyway.
    >
    >> 3. Elecard MPEG 2 Decoder
    >> Download Link:
    >> www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/decoder/EMpgDec20.zip

    >> 4. Windows Media Player 9 or higher

    > Nope, tho I do have that anyway.
    >
    >> If you are using DCCHECK (decoder diagnostic utility) then make sure that
    >> you have set Elecard as the preferred decoder.

    >> For more details on Converting DVR-MS files, you may find our article
    >> useful:

    >> http://www.deskshare.com/Resources/articles/dmc_DVRMS.aspx

    > That one didnt show up on a quick look with google.

    I cant remember the string I used "Convert DVR-MS files" I think.
    This information came from the second listing.

    Regards. Hedgehog........

    Hedgehog, Mar 25, 2005
  19. Rod Speed

    Rod Speed Guest

    Rod Speed <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Rod Speed <> wrote

    >> I'm looking for a standalone DVD player, not one in a PC, which will
    >> play .dvr-ms or .ts files directly when they are just copied to a DVD.

    >> Preferably something cheapish

    >> Or something that will convert .dvr-ms or .ts files very quickly into a
    >> file that you can write to a DVD and which will play in standalone DVD
    >> player on a relatively low horsepower PC for the conversion, say 1G.

    >> These are files produced by a digital TV capture card which are normally
    >> viewed using a PC with TV out, but I'd prefer to just burn a DVD with them.

    >> The TV captured progs off the net play fine in the current DVD
    >> player, just by writing them to a DVD, no conversion required.

    > Turns out that HDTVtoMPEG is free and very decent and very fast.

    > No docs at all, but its all pretty obvious, the only less than completely
    > obvious thing about it is that you have to select a channel to convert.

    > It can strip bits of the .ts file like the ads too if you want to do that.

    Bugger, there is one on the CD that comes with the card, just not very
    well documented. Its mentioned in the letter that comes with the card.

    DVRtoMPG that comes on the CD can be used at the command
    level and you can just drag and drop over the exe icon too.

    Rod Speed, Mar 25, 2005