    192. What's going on???

    Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
    it?

    Felix Oscar, Oct 26, 2004

  2. Felix Oscar

    Mark W Guest

    "Felix Oscar" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
    > says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
    > less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
    > 192. What's going on???
    >
    > Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
    > it?

    Put a CD of MP3s in and see what it does with it.

    I think the manual means to say, 44100Khz or less sampling rate.

    Mark W, Oct 26, 2004

  3. Felix Oscar

    Bob H Guest

    Felix Oscar wrote:
    > I have a Sony DVD player from 2002 that supposedly plays MP3s. But it
    > says in the manual that it only plays MP3s with a bitrate of 44k or
    > less. Isn't that ridiculous? Most MP3s even back in 2000 were 128 or
    > 192. What's going on???
    >
    > Do most DVD players that play mp3s just play any CDROM with mp3s on
    > it?

    I have a Pioneer 444 black which plays anything and everything.

    --
    Bob H
    Leeds UK

    Bob H, Oct 26, 2004
  4. Felix Oscar

    Ollie T Guest

    I have an Apex DVD player that plays every type of disc and then some.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    Ollie T, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Correct. They are not talking about the bit rate, but the sampling rate.

    Bernie Woodham, Oct 26, 2004
  6. Felix Oscar

    FredBillie Guest

    << From: "Ollie T"
    Date: Tue, Oct 26, 2004 3:29 PM

    I have an Apex DVD player that plays every type of disc and then some.
    >><BR><BR>

    WOW, "every type of disk" "and then some". The latter must be some that haven't
    come out yet <S>.

    FredBillie, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Felix Oscar

    DVDfanatico Guest

    I have two Cyberhomes, the CH-DVD 712 and the CH-DVD 320 and they both play
    CD's, CD-RW's, MP3's, DVD-R's (BUT NOT DVD-RW), PAL/NTSC and all regions. I'm
    not sure if the paly VCD's or Divx.

    -DVDfanatico

    e> (Felix Oscar)

    DVDfanatico, Oct 27, 2004
  8. >I have two Cyberhomes, the CH-DVD 712 and the CH-DVD 320 and they both play
    >CD's, CD-RW's, MP3's, DVD-R's (BUT NOT DVD-RW), PAL/NTSC and all regions.
    >I'm
    >not sure if the paly VCD's or Divx.

    And I've got a GoVideo that can play everything including titles from other
    regions. Everything but DivX ... once I applied a fix to the freeze-up problem
    associated with their active tilt mechanism. Got it for free from someone who
    wanted to toss it out for breaking down.

    It's being stored as a spare along with my Toshiba SD-1700 and Panasonic
    DVD-A110 while my main player is still a Sony DVP-S360 (although I occasionally
    use my Pioneer DVL-700 for DVD playback in addition to LaserDiscs). - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 27, 2004