    did that)

    Thoughts?

    -Joe in SoFla
    Jrgboj M. Gpkgbdfike Jr., May 10, 2004

  2. >* DVD-A & SACD playback

    Well, at least two brands, Sony and Panasonic, are out of the list. Sony will
    support only SACD while Panasonic will support only DVD-Audio.

    http://hometheater.about.com/cs/dvdlaserdisc/tp/aatpdvdasacda.htm

    This hyperlink may provide a few suggestions. For brands, your picks would be
    Pioneer, Onkyo, Yamaha, and Denon. An Integra model is also included, but is
    an upscale Onkyo unit. Not so sure about the Marantz recommendation, however.
    In all honesty, it may be a better bet to stick with Japanese brands of DVD
    players. - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, May 11, 2004

  3. Jrgboj M. Gpkgbdfike Jr.

    WPM Guest

    On 10 May 2004 19:45:05 GMT, ly (Jrgboj M. Gpkgbdfike Jr.) wrote:

    >Hey all,
    >
    >I'm looking to upgrade my DVD player and I'd like to find one that has teh
    >following features:
    >
    >* 720p/1080i upconversion (upconversion is NOT available through the component
    >outputs, right?)
    >* 3:2 pulldown
    >* DVD-A & SACD playback (with either analog outputs or the capability to pass
    >through the signal digitally, although the last time I checked only Meridian
    >did that)
    >
    >Thoughts?
    >
    >-Joe in SoFla

    JVC All Region players. Got 2 of them and love 'em!

    Claire D. Lune
    WPM, May 11, 2004
  4. Jrgboj M. Gpkgbdfike Jr.

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Toshiba has a 5 disc player that does DVD-A and SACD, you won't find any
    units that output these through digital, not enough bandwidth.

    As far as the upconversion on this player, I have no idea. Might want to
    check it out, model number is SD6915 I think.

    Pug Fugley, May 11, 2004
  5. As an aside, I'd like the DVD player's upconversion to be handled by (ideally)
    the component outputs or (more realistically) a DVI output.

    Suggestions?

    -Joe in SoFla
    Jrgboj M. Gpkgbdfike Jr., May 12, 2004