    4
    My DVD player doesn't seem to recognize DVD's. When the DVD is inside the player, it read's "loading" for about 30 seconds until it finally gives in and says "bad disc", which is not true because i've tried more than 4 different DVD's with no physical damages to them. The thing that strikes me is that it can read audio CD's (with no problem) and yet it doesn't read DVD's. This gives me some kind of hope that I can actually fix this myself because I think it's something minor that can be fixed.

    Please help me and let me know what the problem is and how I can go about repairing this alone. I've already used the laser lens cleaner disc but it didn't help. I keep getting the same results.
    orgntr, Sep 12, 2007

  2. orgntr

    orgntr

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    bump

    wtf.......anybody????
    orgntr, Oct 3, 2007

  3. orgntr

    Balamurugan

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Chennai,India
    Appears like the lens is dying...

    I too have got such problems esp with my Playstation 2 console.It played audio CD but no DVD games or movies...Later after several surfing and discussion, I got to know that the Damn lens was the problem....With time the lens seems to drop its intensity or power, so gradually the play stops playing DVDs,which uses much of the lens power....Once the power is not calibrated properly,the crc check fails often due to error reading the file system...I'm not clear that much since I recently found in one player that a small scrap of wire was the reason for freezing of loading screen...But it was a rare case..This could only be a lens failure,to my point...
    Balamurugan, Oct 15, 2007
  4. orgntr

    justapoman

    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Location:
    Chattanooga, TN 37411
    reply to DVD question

    Several questions came to mind as i read your post.
    1 does your dvd player show up on monitor whenever you play a dvd ?
    2 does it play cd's okay ?
    3 is dvd played thru Window Media Center/Player ?

    justapoman, Dec 20, 2007
  5. orgntr

    jbuyers

    Joined: