    computers.

    Thanks,

    Don
    Don, Mar 24, 2007

  2. Don

    def456 Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Can anyone recommend DVD players...?

    My advice is to avoid anything priced under $50 (US$). I tried several of
    the cheaper models from Sears and Walmart several years ago and they all had
    problems - skipped, froze, weak sound, etc. This is one area where you
    really get what you pay for. I'm still happy with my Emerson EWD7003 from
    Walmart purchased 3 years ago for about $60.

    > I created and burnt the DVDs using several software programs including
    > Roxio 9, Intervideo 3, and 1ClickDVD. And all of the disks play just fine
    > on our computers.

    You need to use ImgBurn to burn DL discs, then they'll probably play OK on
    your standalone players.
    def456, Mar 24, 2007

  3. Don

    Mac Cool Guest

    Mac Cool, Mar 25, 2007
  4. Don

    Stan Brown Guest

    Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:39:10 -0500 from def456 <>:
    > My advice is to avoid anything priced under $50 (US$). I tried several of
    > the cheaper models from Sears and Walmart several years ago and they all had
    > problems - skipped, froze, weak sound, etc. This is one area where you
    > really get what you pay for. I'm still happy with my Emerson EWD7003 from
    > Walmart purchased 3 years ago for about $60.

    With prices declining all the time, I think your $60 unit from three
    years ago is equivalent to the under-$50 units of today that you
    advise against.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    Stan Brown, Mar 25, 2007
  5. Don

    Guest

    Oppo DV-970HD.

    You get what you pay for. See March edition of Widescreen Review
    magazine.

    Worth EVERY last cent. I have yet to come across anything that it
    WON'T play.

    Just my 2-cents worth.

    Regards,

    Gene Pokopac Lawrenceville, GA
    , Mar 26, 2007
  6. Don

    skip Guest

    wrote in news:1174921027.811131.129630
    @d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

    > Oppo DV-970HD.
    >
    > You get what you pay for. See March edition of Widescreen Review
    > magazine.
    >
    > Worth EVERY last cent. I have yet to come across anything that it
    > WON'T play.
    >
    > Just my 2-cents worth.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Gene Pokopac Lawrenceville, GA