    player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you are happy
    with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or cheap)

    Regards

    Bill Hanna, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Bill Hanna

    Mike Guest

    "Bill Hanna" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want install a player to play DVDs. It is on a laptop PIII and media
    > player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you are happy
    > with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or cheap)
    >
    > Regards

    Cyberlink PowerDVD is nice
    there is also WinDVD, but I've heard people don't like it

    Mike, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Bill Hanna

    DC Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > "Bill Hanna" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,

    >> I want install a player to play DVDs. It is on a laptop PIII and media
    >> player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you are happy
    >> with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or cheap)

    > WinAmp free.
    > http://www.winamp.com/player/

    WinAmp plays *DVDs*, does it?

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

    DC, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Bill Hanna

    Kenny Guest

    WinAmp free.
    http://www.winamp.com/player/

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 1, 2004
  5. Bill Hanna

    Kenny Guest

    My mistake, should have checked before posting.

    Kenny

    Kenny, Nov 1, 2004
  6. Bill Hanna

    gangle Guest

    "Bill Hanna" wrote
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want install a player to play DVDs. It is on a laptop PIII and media
    > player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you are happy
    > with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or cheap)
    >
    > Regards

    The only players worth shit are WinDVD and PowerDVD.
    Neither are free.

    gangle, Nov 1, 2004
  7. Bill Hanna

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Bill Hanna" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want install a player to play DVDs. It is on a laptop PIII and media
    > player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you are happy
    > with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or cheap)

    Either WinDVD or PowerDVD. I use both and find very little to choose between
    them. One of them has a zoom facility, and the other lets you take
    snapshots - and I never remember which does what, as they are things I don't
    really do very often.

    Neither are free though.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 2, 2004
  8. Bill Hanna

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Hi,
    >|
    >| I want install a player to play DVDs. It is on a laptop PIII and
    >| media player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you
    >| are happy with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or
    >| cheap)
    >|
    >| Regards

    Do you have DVD hardware? If not, no software will suffice. Of course, there
    may be external USB/firewire DVD players. Most would come with the DVD
    player software.

    On the other hand, if you already have the hardware, I can point to you an
    auction site closing out older versions of software that should do the job:
    http://www.fairauction.com/cgi-win/Lotsearch.exe and put DVD in the search
    box.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Nov 2, 2004
  9. Bill Hanna

    Bill Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 17:48:42 -0800, While running hot, "Toolman Tim"
    <> posted:
    ..
    >>| Hi,
    >>|
    >>| I want install a player to play DVDs. It is on a laptop PIII and
    >>| media player is too bloated. Would you please suggest one that you
    >>| are happy with. It would be especially nice if it were free (or
    >>| cheap)
    >>|
    >>| Regards

    >Do you have DVD hardware? If not, no software will suffice. Of course, there
    >may be external USB/firewire DVD players. Most would come with the DVD
    >player software.
    >
    >On the other hand, if you already have the hardware, I can point to you an
    >auction site closing out older versions of software that should do the job:
    >http://www.fairauction.com/cgi-win/Lotsearch.exe and put DVD in the search
    >box.

    Thank you one and all. I shall follow your advice.

    Bill Hanna, Nov 5, 2004