    was still there on the CD, though not as pronounced. And the image
    broke up a little, too. So what's the deal here? Bad CD's? Bad
    players? Thanks.

    Scribner, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Scribner

    d.c. Guest

    "Scribner" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > No. It isn't in the computer. It is a TV DVD player. Anyway, I
    > bought a new DVD a while back (I don't use the player very often) and
    > I had trouble viewing the DVD. The image would break up from time to
    > time. So I wrote it off to a bad DVD. The other day, I had another
    > brand new one, and it did the same thing. Only this time, besides
    > breaking up in certain places, the image fluctuated from light to dark
    > and back again. I figured that it was my cheap player. So I went out
    > and I bought a brand new one. And guess what. The fading in and out
    > was still there on the CD, though not as pronounced. And the image
    > broke up a little, too. So what's the deal here? Bad CD's? Bad
    > players? Thanks.

    Check your connections to the TV or Cable Box or however you have it
    configured.

    --
    The generation that used acid to escape reality
    Is now using antacid to deal with reality

    d.c., Sep 1, 2003

  3. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:59:29 -0400, "d.c." <>
    wrote:

    >"Scribner" <> wrote in message
    >> No. It isn't in the computer. It is a TV DVD player. Anyway, I
    >> bought a new DVD a while back (I don't use the player very often) and
    >> I had trouble viewing the DVD. The image would break up from time to
    >> time. So I wrote it off to a bad DVD. The other day, I had another
    >> brand new one, and it did the same thing. Only this time, besides
    >> breaking up in certain places, the image fluctuated from light to dark
    >> and back again. I figured that it was my cheap player. So I went out
    >> and I bought a brand new one. And guess what. The fading in and out
    >> was still there on the CD, though not as pronounced. And the image
    >> broke up a little, too. So what's the deal here? Bad CD's? Bad
    >> players? Thanks.

    >Check your connections to the TV or Cable Box or however you have it
    >configured.

    It turns up to be the copy protection. The only way to plug into the
    TV is by a direct connection. I can't daisy chain through my VCR. It
    won't even allow a "Y" connection. Really dumb. I hate copy
    protection.

    Scribner, Sep 2, 2003