DVD Player opens when shutting down.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daniel, Jul 6, 2006.

  1. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Hi group,

    I wasn't sure where to post this problem because I have never seen it
    before and it's really strange.

    It happend a few days ago when I was shutting down windows suddenly the
    DVD player opened and after that it happend every day when I was
    shutting down my computer.

    I have no clue what it can be, I used these programs to try and find a
    solution:

    Adaware
    Spybot
    Avast
    Online virus/spyware scanner
    Hijackthis

    Everything looks good but it still happend , does anyone have any idea?

    Thanks in advance.
    Daniel, Jul 6, 2006

  2. Daniel

    Ken Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I wasn't sure where to post this problem because I have never seen it
    > before and it's really strange.
    >
    > It happend a few days ago when I was shutting down windows suddenly the
    > DVD player opened and after that it happend every day when I was
    > shutting down my computer.
    >
    > I have no clue what it can be, I used these programs to try and find a
    > solution:
    >
    > Adaware
    > Spybot
    > Avast
    > Online virus/spyware scanner
    > Hijackthis
    >
    > Everything looks good but it still happend , does anyone have any idea?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Where are you located?
    In an area of the UK known as Buckinghamshire there is a cult
    that maybe responsible? You need the help of the following:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism

    http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/e/exorcism.html

    http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05709a.htm

    http://www.stmichael.pair.com/
    Ken, Jul 6, 2006

  3. Daniel

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I wasn't sure where to post this problem because I have never seen it
    > before and it's really strange.
    >
    > It happend a few days ago when I was shutting down windows suddenly the
    > DVD player opened and after that it happend every day when I was
    > shutting down my computer.
    >
    > I have no clue what it can be, I used these programs to try and find a
    > solution:
    >
    > Adaware
    > Spybot
    > Avast
    > Online virus/spyware scanner
    > Hijackthis
    >
    > Everything looks good but it still happend , does anyone have any idea?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    No idea, but I had a problem with that. It would happen during normal
    operation. I've since rebuilt my winxp and haven't seen it lately.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jul 6, 2006
  4. Daniel

    Ernie B. Guest

    On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:48:54 GMT Dave Cohen wrote:

    > Daniel wrote:
    > > Hi group,
    > >
    > > I wasn't sure where to post this problem because I have never seen it
    > > before and it's really strange.
    > >
    > > It happend a few days ago when I was shutting down windows suddenly the
    > > DVD player opened and after that it happend every day when I was
    > > shutting down my computer.
    > >
    > > I have no clue what it can be, I used these programs to try and find a
    > > solution:
    > >
    > > Adaware
    > > Spybot
    > > Avast
    > > Online virus/spyware scanner
    > > Hijackthis
    > >
    > > Everything looks good but it still happend , does anyone have any idea?
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > No idea, but I had a problem with that. It would happen during normal
    > operation. I've since rebuilt my winxp and haven't seen it lately.
    > Dave Cohen

    There's a joke program called cokegift.exe that will open the CD drive so
    that it can be used as a cup holder. Could the OP have downloaded
    something similar?
    --
    Ernie B.

    Communication: The art of moving an idea from one mind to another,
    hopefully without distortion.
    Ernie B., Jul 6, 2006
  5. Daniel

    Phil Weldon Guest

    'Daniel' wrote, in part:
    | I wasn't sure where to post this problem because I have never seen it
    | before and it's really strange.
    |
    | It happend a few days ago when I was shutting down windows suddenly the
    | DVD player opened and after that it happend every day when I was
    | shutting down my computer.
    _____

    Do you have a DVD/CD creation program like Roxio with 'Drag-to-Disc'?
    If so, anytime the system is shut down when recordable media is in the
    drive, the application will prepare the disk for removal and eject it.

    Phil Weldon

    Phil Weldon, Jul 6, 2006
  6. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    I have nero burning rom 7 but it has always been on my computer , quess
    I just have to reinstall it and make a backup from it when im finished
    like I should have done already.
    Daniel, Jul 6, 2006
  7. "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hi group,
    >
    > I wasn't sure where to post this problem because I have never seen it
    > before and it's really strange.
    >
    > It happend a few days ago when I was shutting down windows suddenly the
    > DVD player opened and after that it happend every day when I was
    > shutting down my computer.
    >
    > I have no clue what it can be, I used these programs to try and find a
    > solution:
    >
    > Adaware
    > Spybot
    > Avast
    > Online virus/spyware scanner
    > Hijackthis
    >
    > Everything looks good but it still happend , does anyone have any idea?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Is your computer still under warranty? I had this happen a few weeks after
    I bought my last computer. I called HP and explained the problem to them.
    The tech had me do a few things to see how the drive responded (or didn't)
    and then he said the drive was defective and they would send out a new drive
    and I was to return the old drive in the same shipping box. They did this,
    I installed it and sent the defective drive back. Never had a problem
    since.
    Annie Woughman, Jul 9, 2006