DVD player not compatible with new TV

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by JTuttle, Sep 21, 2009.

  1. JTuttle

    JTuttle

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Hello all,

    I'm hoping someone can help me with this.
    I just bought a new tv and it does not have a composite input which is how I had my dvd player connected to my old tv.

    The video outputs my dvd player has are composite, s-video, and coaxial (honestly I don't know if coaxial is for audio or video).

    The inputs on my tv are component, hdmi, dvi, and vga.

    I am looking for the cheapest way to be able to watch dvds on my tv again.
    I would like to just get an adapter or cable that would make this happen.
    I would not like to have to use a converter box which requires power.
    If the cost is too high to make this happen, I'll just go out and buy a new dvd player that has one of the outputs my tv has an input for.

    Thanks

    Jonathan

    JTuttle, Sep 21, 2009