    access via a LAN cable connection to a computer with a wireless
    connection? Then I'd just need to put the netbook near the player and
    run a cable between them.
    Gib Bogle, Aug 19, 2012

  2. Gib Bogle

    Richard Guest

    On 8/19/2012 4:56 PM, Gib Bogle wrote:
    > I have a Panasonic DMP-BD77 DVD player, and I'm thinking about getting
    > it connected to the internet. I don't want to run a LAN cable from the
    > hub (in another room). The only Panasonic wireless adapter I can see on
    > PriceSpy, the DY-WL10, is $115, which is a bit steep. There may be
    > cheaper adapters that will work (I know of a Netgear device at $88), but
    > I'm wondering if there is a way to piggy-back on my Asus netbook's
    > wireless capability. Is there some software that will enable internet
    > access via a LAN cable connection to a computer with a wireless
    > connection? Then I'd just need to put the netbook near the player and
    > run a cable between them.

    You can enable internet connection sharing between the wireless and the
    ethernet port on any computer, but as it is going thru NAT then you will
    find that many things that rely on LAN access will not work, like
    finding DLNA servers and possibly windows servers if your player
    supports that.

    The last time I looked at it, the supported USB adapters were all good
    ones with multiple antennas and dual band. You might find a dirt cheap
    2.4Ghz only one will work but end up without enough thruput to play
    without stuttering.
    Richard, Aug 19, 2012

  3. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 20/08/2012 9:13 a.m., geoff wrote:
    > "Gib Bogle" <> wrote in message
    >> I have a Panasonic DMP-BD77 DVD player, and I'm thinking about getting it
    >> connected to the internet. I don't want to run a LAN cable from the hub
    >> (in another room). The only Panasonic wireless adapter I can see on
    >> PriceSpy, the DY-WL10, is $115, which is a bit steep. There may be cheaper
    >> adapters that will work (I know of a Netgear device at $88), but I'm
    >> wondering if there is a way to piggy-back on my Asus netbook's wireless
    >> capability. Is there some software that will enable internet access via a
    >> LAN cable connection to a computer with a wireless connection? Then I'd
    >> just need to put the netbook near the player and run a cable between them.

    > D-Link Powerline adaptors make a convenient way to avoid running LAN cables.
    > Cost more though...
    >
    > geoff

    I'm trying to avoid spending money because I'm not sure until I try it
    what use I'll make of the internet connection.
    Gib Bogle, Aug 20, 2012