    there another program that is better than all three?

    Thanks to all who contribute,
    Rich Jackson
    Rich Jackson, Oct 19, 2003

  2. Rich Jackson

    Biz Guest

    Since you dont have to make any of those the default, I recommend you try
    each one and see which you prefer.
    1. WMP will only play DVDs if you have another piece of DVD playing
    software installed, since you have PowerDVD installed, it will also play
    DVDs.
    2. PowerDVD is a fine app. For me, an app needs to play the movies
    well(including picture and sound) and occasionally tolerate some FF/RW,
    other than that, it doesnt need to do anything else. I mean co'mon, I put
    the movie in to watch didn't I?
    3. It s just a front-end that uses the same codecs as PowerDVD in your
    case. It will allow you access to special dvd rom only features in certain
    cases. I believe only disks that have the Interactual logo(and software on
    them) will play with it, so to me it doesnt really count as DVD player
    software.
    "Rich Jackson" <> wrote in message
    > Pardon me if this is not the proper newsgroup for asking this

    question.

    Biz, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Rich Jackson

    Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:52:22 GMT, "Biz" <>
    wrote:

    >2. PowerDVD is a fine app. For me, an app needs to play the movies
    >well(including picture and sound) and occasionally tolerate some FF/RW,
    >other than that, it doesnt need to do anything else. I mean co'mon, I put
    >the movie in to watch didn't I?

    For some reason my power dvd will not play the alias set
    plays everything else fine.
    , Oct 19, 2003
  4. Rich Jackson

    luminos Guest

    Power DVD...hands down.

    luminos, Oct 19, 2003
  5. No contest ... Power DVD.
    Windows Media Player will work OK as long as you have Power DVD
    or something like it installed. Windows Media Player, by itself,
    CANNOT play DVDs.

    Remove Interactual DVD from your system immediately! It's
    spyware/junkware and totally unstable.

    Colon Terminus, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Rich Jackson

    John C. Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:00:40 GMT, "Colon Terminus"

    Theater Tek.
    John C., Oct 21, 2003