DVD-Player divx mpeg4 should play pure mpeg files from disc

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by adsci, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. adsci

    adsci Guest

    Hi there!

    im searching a dvd-player which should offer the following:

    formats: standardformats (dvd(-r/rw), mp3, svcd, stuff) PLUS at least
    DivX/MPEG4, maybe WMV/WMA.
    minimum average imagequality
    smooth framerates (no stuttering)
    as silent as possible

    and very important: THE DEVICE SHOULD PLAY DIVX AND MPEG FILES WHICH ARE
    JUST BURNED ON DVD.

    Does anyone know a player which supports this (i cant find any
    information on that in manufacturers techsheets) and is available in europe?

    Thank You in Advance!

    Regards
    Marcel
    adsci, Mar 24, 2006

  2. adsci

    Biz Guest

    CHeck here:

    www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

    You can customize your search for the exact features you want and your
    location...

    Biz, Mar 24, 2006

  3. adsci

    Bob Guest

    On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:20:00 +0100, adsci <> wrote:

    >im searching a dvd-player which should offer the following:

    >formats: standardformats (dvd(-r/rw), mp3, svcd, stuff) PLUS at least
    >DivX/MPEG4, maybe WMV/WMA.
    >minimum average imagequality
    >smooth framerates (no stuttering)
    >as silent as possible

    >and very important: THE DEVICE SHOULD PLAY DIVX AND MPEG FILES WHICH ARE
    >JUST BURNED ON DVD.

    >Does anyone know a player which supports this (i cant find any
    >information on that in manufacturers techsheets) and is available in europe?

    I have had fairly good luck playing most AVIs with the ILO DVDR05MU1
    and firmware 610. I believe the ones that do play are made with the
    XviD codec and not DivX. I cannot play .mpg4 as such.

    Most torrents are XviD. It would appear that XviD is now the defacto
    standard for MPEG4 codecs. I have tried both with WinDVD and XviD
    outperforms DivX.

    --
    "The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant:
    It's just that they know so much that isn't so."
    Bob, Mar 24, 2006