    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, May 17, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Toolman Tim Guest

    QRe: DVD Player Choice.

    "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > I know that I've posted this question before, but I didn't get an answer
    > that I can use so, I'll try again.
    >
    > When I put in a DVD (most of the time) I get a window which offers me a
    > choice of two players to use. They are Windows Media Player, and

    InterActual
    > Player. Is there a way that I can change the InterActual DVD player option
    > to WinDVD? I have looked through the registry for references to

    InterActual
    > player, but I'm not sure what to look for. I'm not very experienced with
    > editing the registry. Isn't there a program or Windows service that will

    do
    > this for
    > me? I use Windows XP. Thanks in advance.
    >
    > --
    > -------------------------------
    > Patrick D. Rockwell

    Question: Do you *have* WinDVD installed? 'Cause it sounds like you don't.

    Toolman Tim, May 18, 2004

  3. "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > > I know that I've posted this question before, but I didn't get an answer
    > > that I can use so, I'll try again.
    > >
    > > When I put in a DVD (most of the time) I get a window which offers me a
    > > choice of two players to use. They are Windows Media Player, and

    > InterActual
    > > Player. Is there a way that I can change the InterActual DVD player

    option
    > > to WinDVD? I have looked through the registry for references to

    > InterActual
    > > player, but I'm not sure what to look for. I'm not very experienced with
    > > editing the registry. Isn't there a program or Windows service that will

    > do
    > > this for
    > > me? I use Windows XP. Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > --
    > > -------------------------------
    > > Patrick D. Rockwell
    > >

    > Question: Do you *have* WinDVD installed? 'Cause it sounds like you don't.

    Actually, I do. This window that pops up used to offer Win DVD as a choice,
    but it doesn't now. Is there a definate change I can make to the
    registry, or is there a program or service that can make this change?

    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, May 19, 2004
  4. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Toolman Tim Guest

    > > > I know that I've posted this question before, but I didn't get an
    answer
    > > > that I can use so, I'll try again.
    > > >
    > > > When I put in a DVD (most of the time) I get a window which offers me

    > > > choice of two players to use. They are Windows Media Player, and

    > > InterActual
    > > > Player. Is there a way that I can change the InterActual DVD player

    > option
    > > > to WinDVD? I have looked through the registry for references to

    > > InterActual
    > > > player, but I'm not sure what to look for. I'm not very experienced

    with
    > > > editing the registry. Isn't there a program or Windows service that

    will
    > > do
    > > > this for
    > > > me? I use Windows XP. Thanks in advance.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > -------------------------------
    > > > Patrick D. Rockwell
    > > >

    > > Question: Do you *have* WinDVD installed? 'Cause it sounds like you

    don't.

    > Actually, I do. This window that pops up used to offer Win DVD as a

    choice,
    > but it doesn't now. Is there a definate change I can make to the
    > registry, or is there a program or service that can make this change?

    Did you re-install WinDVD? That would typically re-associate file types. I
    haven't run into this particular problem before. The "Interactual Player" is
    usually something installed from a specific movie DVD, and is really not
    needed to watch movies. It does that, plus works with some of the "extra
    features" on the DVD. You might want to un-install that before reinstalling
    WinDVD, unless you think you'll be using it.

    Another way to re-associate file types would be from folder options. Open My
    Computer, click on "tools", "folder options", then select the "File Types"
    tab. Check for an entry that has (none) under "Extensions" and InterVideo
    WinDVD 5 under "File Types". If it's there, it may need to be repaired. If
    it isn't, it may need to be created.Let me know if it's there or not. Then
    we can proceed from there.

    Toolman Tim, May 20, 2004