    I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst others

    Cheers

    Soupladel

    Soupladel, Dec 30, 2003

  2. Soupladel

    tHatDudeUK Guest

    "Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    news:B9lIb.2059$...
    > I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

    others

    Apparently the latest Pioneer is the most recommended.

    tHatDudeUK, Dec 30, 2003

  3. On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:24:01 GMT, "Soupladel"
    <> wrote:

    >I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst others

    The Philips 728 has problems with branched discs. I have had one and
    confirmed with the store that it is a problem inherent to the model,
    so do not buy that one.

    Mischa

    Mischa van Dinter, Dec 30, 2003
  4. Soupladel

    Tim S Kemp Guest

    "Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    > What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at £80
    > approx be?
    >
    > I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
    > play mpegs from iso's
    >
    > I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

    others

    > Cheers
    >
    > Soupladel

    Just got a Panasonic DVD-S75 - does DVD-Video, DVD-Audio 192khz, MP3, SVCD,
    VCD, Jpeg, WMA, HighMAT, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, CD-R, CD-RW, CDDA, CDDA+Text. Has
    full set of 5.1 audio outs, component video, S video, composite, RGB. Does
    progressive NTSC. Looks good. Works well, not got it hooked up for serious
    audio yet but watched a couple of films and its way ahead of my 4 yr old
    Pioneer 525. Price - 89.95 or 99.95 from richer sounds (R2/Multiregion)

    ---

    Tim S Kemp, Dec 30, 2003
  5. Soupladel

    Nic Guest

    "Mischa van Dinter" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 20:24:01 GMT, "Soupladel"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

    others

    > The Philips 728 has problems with branched discs. I have had one and
    > confirmed with the store that it is a problem inherent to the model,
    > so do not buy that one.
    >
    > Mischa

    How about the Panasonic S35 for around £80 or the S75 at around £100?

    ---

    Nic, Dec 30, 2003
  6. Soupladel

    Dave Guest

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_DVD_Player_@_=A380?=

    "Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    > What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at £80
    > approx be?
    >
    > I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
    > play mpegs from iso's
    >
    > I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

    others

    arianet 2277, plays dvd, dvd+r/rw, dvd-r/rw, vcd, svcd, mp3, jpeg, audio
    cds, mpegs, cd+g, and karaoke cd/dvd, has progressive scan as well as every
    output you will ever need and mic inputs, region free, macrovision hackable
    from remote code, and even a slideshow facility for jpegs with a vast
    selection of fade in/out effects, also various echo effects for the sound as
    well as 7 preset graphic equalizer (eg. pop, rock, soft etc like on a home
    hifi) total price around 70 quid, best player in terms of features ive owned
    so far, and ive owned a few :))

    Dave, Dec 30, 2003
  7. "Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    > What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at £80
    > approx be?
    >
    > I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
    > play mpegs from iso's
    >
    > I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

    others

    > Cheers
    >
    > Soupladel

    Toshiba 330. Nice player. Just bought one for my old dear and tested it
    tonight. £79.99 Amazon.

    Okilee Dokilee, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Soupladel

    "Okilee Dokilee" <derekathomson@.hot male.com> wrote in message

    > "Soupladel" <> wrote in message
    > > What would everybody's suggestion for a good all round DVD player at £80
    > > approx be?
    > >
    > > I am looking for something that plays DVD-R, SVCD, mp3 and possibly even
    > > play mpegs from iso's
    > >
    > > I have looked at the philips 625, 728, pioneer 360, aiwa ax10 amongst

    > others
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > Soupladel
    > >

    > Toshiba 330. Nice player. Just bought one for my old dear and tested it
    > tonight. £79.99 Amazon.

    Yep good player, but can have problems with SVCD disks, and that was one of
    his requirements so it may not be the player for him

    Dave, Dec 31, 2003
  9. Soupladel

    huhha Guest

    Go to your Chinatown and try to find DVD player brands from China "Shinco"
    or "Enzer". Not only they are cheap, but they have great features such as
    karaoke and dual mic inputs. Most importantly, they are multi-region code
    playable (unlike the brand names that comply strictly to a single region
    system). The newer models from China plays even mpegs from iso discs. You
    will get best bang for your pounds with these Chinese brands rather than
    spending on Japs and European brands...

    huhha, Jan 1, 2004
  10. Soupladel

    kevin Guest

    or you can order a ronin dvd player from novatech.co.uk which plays all
    files for only £44

    kevin, Jan 11, 2004
  11. Soupladel

    Tumbleweed Guest

    > "huhha" <> wrote in message
    > > Go to your Chinatown and try to find DVD player brands from China

    "Shinco"
    > > or "Enzer". Not only they are cheap, but they have great features such

    as
    > > karaoke and dual mic inputs.

    I'm glad I'm not your next door neighbour.

    --
    Tumbleweed

    newsgroups)

    Tumbleweed, Jan 11, 2004