    technology built around that time. If so, it doesn't make sense as it plays
    the backup DVD's.

    Any help or suggestion is appreciated. TIA
    MC, May 9, 2004

  2. MC

    Chris Gyotar Guest

    I have the exact same problem..

    APEX AD-1225

    It plays backups perfectly, but not my homemade DVD's. Yet the homemade
    DVD's work on my downstairs player for me! There must be some sort of option
    we are not seeing.

    "MC" <> wrote in message
    > I have converted an AVI file to MPEG2 and it plays perfectly fine on two

    DVD
    > players. However, on the third player, there is video but no audio. I have
    > backed up an original DVD on to a 4.7Gb disk and all three players plays
    > without any problem. Am I right in thinking that the player that refuses

    > play the converted AVI properly needs to be replaced. This player is about
    > three years old and not too sure whether it has anything to do with the

    DVD

    Chris Gyotar, May 9, 2004

  3. MC

    Guess Who Guest

    What type of audio is encoded on the disc, LPCM, MPEG or AC3? AC3 is
    actually the standard for NTSC DVD, but most NTSC players do support MPEG
    audio. I have a problem with MPEG audio on one of my 3 home players. They
    will play, but after a while the audio will stutter (video is unaffected).
    If I pause a few times, the audio will return to normal, for a while, then
    act up again. It does not do this with AC3 or LPCM audio.

    Try authoring a DVD with LPCM audio as a test. You'll lose a chunk of the
    recording space, though.

    Guess Who, May 9, 2004