    DVD + ??).
    Any suggestions to resolve the problem??

    Thanks Ian R
    Ian R, Jan 4, 2004

  2. Ian R

    Funkyman Guest

    "Ian R" <> wrote in message
    news:bta4j4$a4g$...
    > Hi group,
    >
    > My Sony Vaio has a pioneer 106D DVD writer, I have sucsesfully copied

    video

    2
    > x dvd home players I use, but after about 20 mins playback picture breakup
    > happens, I eject the disc replace it move to the affected area & playback
    > is ok again, so don't think the writing software is at fault.
    > I am useing dvd- discs of a branded quality (is there any advantage useing
    > DVD + ??).
    > Any suggestions to resolve the problem??
    >
    > Thanks Ian R

    It is most likely the brand of disk you are using, try another brand.
    Try this site, it will tell you what is compatible with what etc.

    http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/acatalog/DVDR.html

    Dave
    Funkyman, Jan 4, 2004

  3. Ian R

    Nic Guest

    "Funkyman" <> wrote in message

    > "Ian R" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi group,
    > >
    > > My Sony Vaio has a pioneer 106D DVD writer, I have sucsesfully copied

    > video
    > > onto disc useing Roxio DVD builder or Ulead workshop, playback is fine

    on
    > 2
    > > x dvd home players I use, but after about 20 mins playback picture

    breakup
    > > happens, I eject the disc replace it move to the affected area &

    playback
    > > is ok again, so don't think the writing software is at fault.
    > > I am useing dvd- discs of a branded quality (is there any advantage

    useing
    > > DVD + ??).
    > > Any suggestions to resolve the problem??
    > >
    > > Thanks Ian R

    > It is most likely the brand of disk you are using, try another brand.
    > Try this site, it will tell you what is compatible with what etc.
    >
    > http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/acatalog/DVDR.html
    >
    > Dave

    Also, try a different burning program. I use copytodvd or Nero. They both
    have a trial available.

    ---
    Nic, Jan 5, 2004